Technology Platform Strategy Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position is for a Technology Platform Strategy Consultant in Allstate Claim Technology Services (CTS) in support of the Claims Integrated Digital Enterprise (IDE) program. The IDE program is building a platform foundation to expand business and economic opportunities for Allstate with the goal to become the industry leader in digital capabilities, providing efficient and superior customer service. Four platforms are defined with many products completing the platform offering. As part of a comprehensive Platform Ownership team, we are looking for a highly capable, experienced engineer/architect to partner closely with a Claim business Platform Owner, CTS Business Architect and Architect to define, acquire and/or build product capabilities to form a cohesive platform. The Technology Platform Strategy Consultant will have primary responsibilities for the platform technical strategy and the product capabilities alignment to the strategy.
The Technology Platform Strategy Consultant will focus on strategy responsibilities. This role is expected to display leadership and oversight of the platform, leveraging technology aptitude. The Technology Platform Strategy Consultant directs and provides feedback to technical anchors and others on the product team. In this role, it is expected that cross-platform strategies are assessed for convergence in partnership with other Technology Platform Strategy Consultants.
Key aspects of this role will include generating ideas for the platform, evaluating vendors and/or their products for suitability on the platform, monitoring product development for conforming to platform strategy, communicating to stakeholders. This role will expect participation and experience with Design Thinking, Lean practices and Agile methodologies.
Platform Ownership of Technical Strategy
- Lead the technical direction for the Claim IDE Platform
- Provide technical direction to product team, such as, technical anchors, product managers, engineers, etc.
- Create and present technical strategy and roadmap using influence to implement
- Ensure architectural concerns are appropriately addressed by product teams
- Collaborate and coordinate with business Platform Owner, Business Architect, Architect and if necessary, external vendor to build a platform of cohesive products
- Understand, align and act as agent for change with ATSV 2.0 principles
- Mentor, coach and provide on-the-job training for product technical anchors
- Liaise with stakeholders to resolve technical challenges while solutions being built by product team
- Identify and drive improvement and innovation across CTS
- Display Product ownership behavior across entire platform
- Acts as key technology contact to establish relationships with prospective partners and influences leadership decisions and outcomes
- Provides Claims stakeholders with transparency into technology considerations of potential and new partnerships
- Works with Technology and Claims teams to ensure partnerships are leveraged in support of IDE objectives and the build out of platforms and capabilities
- Assists with the development of business plans, contracts and agreements and evaluate progress
- Provides recommendations and feedback to inform the IDE strategy
- Works with leadership in the management of competing stakeholder interests and represents Allstate externally and CTS internally on matters that represent large degrees of change
- Develop and cultivate relationships across Claims IDE, CTS Sr. Leaders and product teams
- Helps influence the vision and direction of technology acquisitions
- Conducts evaluation of candidates for acquisitions and partnerships related to platform
- Develops technology strategy for the platform, ensuring cohesive product suite to meet business objectives for the platform
- Supports leadership’s effort to develop and negotiate contracts with potential strategic partners and vendors
- Conducts research on potential partners, identifying risks and issues, and ensuring the contract protects Allstate’s brand and intellectual property
- Maintain a pulse on technology advances in the industry to influence the platform evolution
- Technical/engineering Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of claim processes & claim systems a plus
- Technical industry knowledge with native cloud engineering principles
- Strong relationship management and emotional intelligence skills
- Advanced knowledge of problem solving and decision making
- Applies influencing and negotiation skills
- Adept in conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Proven track record in achieving business in both Operational and Development roles
- Ability to work with complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Able to motivate, organize, train, coach and facilitate for teamwork
- Able to drive progress in an entrepreneurial manner, moving quickly and taking calculated risks when deemed appropriate
- Strong experience in cloud ready product development
- Experienced in Scrum and/or XP methodologies
- Skilled in design, improvement, and integration
- Ability to influence technical design and strategic direction
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top