Technology Leadership Development Program (TLDP)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Be innovative. Be a leader. Most importantly – be your driven, tech-savvy, awesome self.
Allstate is a company that's transforming – and we need charismatic, inventive professionals for our Technology Leadership Development Program – technical leaders who can help drive decisions as we evolve into the future. Are you up to the challenge?
The Program: Defined.
The Allstate Technology Leadership Development Program (TLDP) is designed to build versatile leaders by providing cross-functional experience through three rotations in different areas of the organization. Two rotations take place in Allstate Technology and Strategic Ventures and one rotation aligns to a specific business area outside of ATSV (Claims, Sales, Marketing, Product Operations, etc). This approach not only exposes participants to our technology operations but also builds business acumen – knowledge that is imperative for successful leadership at Allstate.
TLDP participants get involved in meaningful, high-exposure assignments during their rotations. Current and previous assignment examples include:
- Rolling out an innovative technology product working in multi methodology environment
- Ensuring efficient e-commerce interactions from allstate.com
- Working on systems that make it easier to do business with our agents
- Anticipating and delivering innovative, cost-effective solutions for our internal business clients
The Opportunity: Unlike Any Other.
Our program is unique in that each candidate acquires valuable experience in three different areas of the company. By seeing the organization from three perspectives, participants build stronger networks and have a better understanding of how the company functions as a whole. This program sets participants up for success by giving them this rare experience to help accelerate their career at Allstate.
Participants will have the opportunity to jump-start their career through the following opportunities:
- Three 1-year structured rotations in different areas of the business (two rotations in technology, one rotation outside of technology)
- Assignments that involve people management, project management, client-facing work, operations, strategy, change management, and technical skill development
- A week-long orientation to introduce the program and allow participants to connect with each other before beginning their rotations
- Two formal learning conferences each year with experiential learning opportunities and exposure to key leaders
- Formal mentoring relationships with experienced Allstate Leaders as well as a peer mentor during the program
- Opportunities to get to know our nonprofit partners and to volunteer within and outside of Allstate
The Participants: Best of the Best.
Our TLDP participants are naturals when it comes to leadership. They have an innate ability to engage and motivate others, the desire to continuously learn and share ideas, and a fiery passion for personal development.
Here are a few of our program requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics and/or Management Information Systems (Spring 2018 graduates)
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.3
- Leadership experience through extra-curricular activities, community involvement, or in the workplace
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- A willingness to relocate for one of the three rotational assignments
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
These are the traits we value most in our TLDP participants:
- Have a growth and development focused mindset
- A fresh perspective and out of the box thinking
- Ability to identify issues, risks and opportunities
- Willingness to do things differently and challenge the status quo
- Desire to grow through challenging work
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
The Details: When, Where, How
The program begins July 2018
Rotation locations vary: many will be in Northbrook, IL (a northern suburb of Chicago) but each participant will also have a rotation in one of our regional offices (many across the country)
Questions? Email us at [email protected]
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top