Technical Support Lead
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Team Connect Support Lead is the primary point of contact providing technical leadership, management, and direction for all Team Connect issues and problems. The lead is a Systems Analyst Consultant (SA) working closely with the program lead; understanding and supporting the strategic direction, prioritizing technical and usability issues, and driving timely resolution with the Mitratech vendor. The SA provides technical oversight and leadership for system changes, maintenance, patches, upgrades and all releases. The SA lead will leverage technical knowledge as well as business process and system knowledge, working in partnership across ATSV (technology units), Law & Regulation, and Mitratech.
The Team Connect Support Lead provides technical solution design and technical input into architectural assessments; assists in enforcing architectural adherence and collaborating with technology and business partners. The SA may also be required to create high-level technical requirement and designs for optimal IT solutions.
- Support lead contact for Incident, problem management and change management.
- Provide technical guidance / input and coordination of support activities.
- Production support lead contact including escalation of issues to the vendors and/or internal partners
- Act as a point-of-contact and engage in Enterprise Command Center (ECC) calls when an application outage occurs and responsible for communication and vendor engagement
- Manage and participates in on-call support
- Coordinates and manage change and release management activities such as creation of change orders
- Accountable for managing tickets, issues and vendor support cases by facilitating review meeting, triaging the issues and help troubleshooting and getting a resolution to the issues.
- Identifies systems and technical constraints, potential technology risks, issues and resolution, and document possible mitigation strategies for high complexity projects
- Coordinates various technology organization groups around required operations, environment, and desktop documentation. Manages development of the documentation
- Identifies opportunities to improve internal team processes or supported business's processes, products, or services
- Manages design reviews, application design impacts between concurrent releases, and technical walkthroughs
- Understands the technical details, integration, and functions of multiple applications, hardware, and/or software within a team. Executes and enforces best practices.
- Creates the high-level technical designs for moderate complexity projects and difficult maintenance efforts by analyzing and tracing designs to requirements (business, functional, and nonfunctional) and systems architecture; creates design documents and maintain design artifacts
- Assist in configuration and development
- Monitors the technical progress of the project
- Assists with detailed project estimating and milestone planning. Reviews and validates accuracy of others' estimates. Track the critical path across project teams and communicate the technical progress of the project
- Understands and can articulate how team work processes provide a line of sight to the customer
- Develop and/or confirm detailed estimates for high complexity projects; monitors, documents and communicates the technical progress of the project
- 3-5 years of IT experience
- Experience working in Java and web development environment is a plus
- Experience in Matter/Case Management is a plus
- Experience in Release and Changes Management
- Experience facilitating meetings for associates of various levels of the organization
- Ability to navigate across multiple application and technical services teams, business partners and vendors
- Detailed oriented individual with a willingness and ability to learn new concepts and work in a fast-paced environment
- Has a mastery level of understanding of multiple areas of business knowledge to successfully meet work objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to grasp and apply advanced analysis concepts to solving problems
- Demonstrates the ability to resolve difficult problems and implement solutions that may go beyond the scope of initial client or user complaint.
- Possesses the ability to openly support and embrace change, approach change in a factual manner.
- Proficient in solution design, configuration, creating requirement documentation and process diagrams
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile project management methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top