Technical Product Manager -Data Analytics and R&D
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Technical Product Manager (Data Analytics and R&D) drives the creation of technology for new products and businesses, acting at the intersection of development, design, and business strategy teams. Most of these technology projects will incorporate advanced data science techniques with the goal of extracting meaning from data to enable future product capabilities. To be successful, this person should be fluent in software development, mathematics/statistics, data management, and data science techniques. The Technical Product Manager will lead the efforts of an R&D software development team to prototype new product concepts rapidly, to determine suitability and performance of third party technology solution providers, and to mature new advanced technical solutions to a state ready for production.
- Lead software development team in a "hands-on" technical role for rapid prototyping and new technology development, including solutions requiring data science and machine learning techniques.
- Assess capabilities and performance of third party technology provider solutions.
- Interact with design and product owner teams to guide the feature roadmap and to ensure alignment of product designs with technical capabilities.
- Use innovative problem-solving techniques to enable desired product features and to overcome technical challenges.
- Manage transition of cutting-edge technical features from early-stage development teams into commercial product development.
- Identify potential intellectual property during development and submit disclosures for patent applications.
Value Proposition of this role
- Opportunity to build innovative new products and businesses, making a tangible, lasting impact.
- Immersion in cutting-edge technologies and frequent exposure to interesting startups.
- Critical role in high profile, high priority projects for one of the U.S.'s largest companies and most respected brands.
- Compelling platform for leadership development and professional growth.
- Collegial, team-oriented culture with a healthy work/life balance.
- 7+ years of related software product development experience, including at least 5 years as a developer.
- Track record of developing and bringing innovative products to market.
- Technical proficiency in key relevant areas (Java, Python, SQL, machine learning toolkits/APIs). Broad familiarity with mobile system architectures, cloud-based infrastructure, database systems, and emerging technology areas (e.g. Internet of Things, cybersecurity, Big Data, etc.).
- Experience working in an Agile-based development environment.
- Relevant work history of translating desired product features to technical requirements for new products, ideally with role in system architecture definition.
- Familiarity with intellectual property (IP) concepts, identifying potential new IP in problem-solving, and submitting patent disclosures.
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous, high-risk, "startup-like" environment.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related technical field. Preference for candidates with Master's degree in similar fields.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top