Technical Product Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Technical Product Management team is responsible for defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of one or more products in Allstate's growing and innovative product portfolio. This job is responsible for making sure that we are building the right innovative new products and feature sets to prepare for Go-To-Market launches. The Technical Product Manager will work collaboratively with Product Development Teams using Agile methodologies in a dynamic environment to discover technology applications, define future roadmaps, and deliver products.
The Technical Product Manager is responsible for defining, prioritizing, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of one or more products in Allstate's growing innovation portfolio. The Technical Product Manager manages strategic product vision, product discovery, roadmaps, and backlog to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product. Successful Technical Product Managers will operate in a flexible and dynamic environment and be able to orient the team given discovery findings, and validate those findings through the use of product evaluation techniques. The Technical Product Manager is responsible for working closely with key stakeholders and partners, ensuring the successful definition and execution of go-to market and communications strategies for their products. Technical Product Managers are also responsible for actively participating in our learning culture; including coaching and mentoring staff, stakeholders and peers.
- Create, drive and execute product strategy for one or more products in our growing automotive innovation product portfolio.
- Experience in autonomous vehicle technologies, deep learning techniques, modeling, and data analytics.
- Use discovery techniques, write technical product specification, provide day to day technical guidance, analytics review, and implementation direction to reach product goals.
- Define and manage metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy.
- Be recognized as the "voice of the customer"; invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs & habits.
- Guide product development teams and work closely with those teams in an agile environment.
- Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and product direction.
- Decompose complex problems into smaller manageable tasks by creating and prioritizing a backlog for the product development team.
- Manage the product backlog, create user stories, and an effective vision and provide timely stakeholder feedback on development iterations.
- Ensure the successful execution of development standards to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
- Coach and mentor members of the team as well as members of the cross-functional development organization on how to collaborate and conduct idea generation, consumer research, test design and execution, measurement, product implementation, customer interactions and roll out.
- 7-12 years of new product or technology development experience in the deep learning and computer vision discipling is key to success in this position.
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience shipping software.
- Experience operating in a dynamic environment driven by discovery and with the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet product goals
- Ability to communicate complex and innovative concepts to a new product development team with proven experience in data-driven decision making
- Clear passion for topics of technology products and an ability to identify possibilities to innovate in our product space
- Ability to be self-directed and to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Understanding of and experience working in a development environment
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA/MIS/MS desired
Want to learn more about the team: https://www.allstate.jobs/2017/09/12/innovation-at-allstate/
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top