Technical Product Manager - Allstate Roadside Services
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Connected Provider Strategy Team is charged with managing multiple functions including: Strategy development and implementation, Innovation, and Product design and execution. The team is responsible for optimizing the Allstate Roadside Services (ARS) value proposition and experience for our network of service providers. By utilizing technology to modernize our operating model, ARS can deliver on our promise of a superior customer experience and stay one step ahead of the competition in the roadside assistance industry.
The Connected Provider Product Manager will design, develop, manage and lead projects/people in support of ARS’ product strategy. This person will work closely with the ARS cross-functional leaders to execute strategic initiatives and innovation platforms that help to differentiate ARS in the emergency roadside space, as well as distinguish Allstate in the auto insurance space. Through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by ARS’ operating principles, the Product Manager executes the vision and direction necessary to deliver the products, tools, systems, resources and controls that contribute to ARS’ sustainable and profitable growth.
- Chief contributor in providing thought leadership, oversight and direction on the ARS strategy, value proposition, and innovative products, services and technologies
- Develop and define the product strategy and innovation road-map with “game changing ideas” that align with the overall ARS business strategy and model that will driver ARS to the forefront of the roadside assistance industry
- Lead and execute innovative and strategic projects translating them into a prioritized backlog of features with corresponding justification that will create a competitive advantage and drive operational effectiveness delivering against the defined problem and goal
- Effectively communicate and execute on product strategy, status and vision working with key stakeholders across the organization
- Product owner for Agile development including analysis, epic and story development, and decision making
- Successfully manage and execute on multiple products/projects simultaneously
- Influence technology strategy and business decisions by providing direction in forecasting, strategic planning, measurement, partner performance, financial performance, etc.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (clients, network providers, suppliers, customers, colleagues, etc.) to drive innovation and “learning” initiatives
- Develop and communicate broad understanding of consumer insights, competitor insights, and emerging industry trends to inform and develop a robust pipeline of ARS products
- Influence and persuade leaders within and outside of ARS to gain acceptance for complex ideas/new methodologies
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Build and maintain internal and external networks of innovation contacts
- Build awareness of ARS in the industry and among Allstate business leaders
- Minimum of a BA, MBA Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product development and execution
- Experience working in an Agile development environment Preferred
- Ability to design and establish financial goals and measures
- Experience with web design and mobile applications
- Strong technical or product expertise, including the ability to analyze business problems effectively and drive appropriate and even game-changing solutions
- Must have an instinctive understanding of technology and how to use it to deliver outstanding and innovative products
- Ability to maintain close working relationships and with other product managers, project management (PMO), technology teams, user experience teams, and operations to ensure a strong digital experience
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
- Works cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate issues, balance business needs versus team constraints, and champion great ideas
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills be able to manage through ambiguity, shifting timelines, resources constraints and limitations.
- Ability to influence others resulting in conflict resolution, problem solving and alignment
- Inspire a positive team environment and motivate others to achieve better than expected results
- Independent thinker with a strong team mindset
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top