Technical Product Manager
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer, serving approximately 16 million households through its Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Answer Financial brand names and Allstate Financial business segment. Allstate branded insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services are offered through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives in the United States and Canada, as well as via www.allstate.com and 1-800 Allstate®, and are widely known through the slogan "You're In Good Hands With Allstate®."
By leveraging Our Shared Vision, Allstate is committed to strong principles of the highest ethical standards and encourages individual accountability. Allstate realizes success through innovative thinking while providing challenging and collaborative work for its 70,000 employees, including 12,000 exclusive agents. Allstate demonstrates a commitment to diversity through a variety of ways and continues to identify the requirements for future success since it was founded in 1931.
Product Owner/Product Manager (Highly Autonomous Vehicle Safety Services) Responsibilities:
- Become the internal product expert for Risk Map and Insurance products.
- Responsible for new product innovations.
- Assist in definition of product vision, value proposition, positioning, and roadmap for Risk Map and Highly Autonomous Vehicle Services.
- Conduct research and analysis of industry and market data (customers/competition/technology) that will impact Driver Safety and Insurance pricing.
- Process input from Customers and internal sources to provide clear product and project prioritization
- Assist in developing technical documents that define market and product requirements.
- Work with Development, Operations, and Project Management to ensure development and delivery of products on time and manage expectations.
- Be the voice of the customer internally to ensure customer specifications are met during development and manage the development of product definitions and functional requirements.
- Exhibit strong sense of ownership and ability to work in global team environment
- Work closely with Customer Marketing/UX to facilitate creation of ground breaking user experiences across form factors.
- Support ongoing relationships and strategic alignment with product stakeholders for key customer accounts
- Represent Allstate in customer meetings, external functions, projects and consortia, as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferable in Computer Science, Economics or Math
- Solutions Architect experience a plus
- Background in Automotive Industry within Autonomous Vehicle experience preferred
- Comfortable being hands on with technology.
- Strong technical skills or experience in a technically complex product development environment (e.g.. database or software applications)
- Strong technical background in working with ADAS systems and Connected/Automotive Cloud APIs is a big plus
- GIS a plus for mapping and location aspects.
- Strong Excel and data modeling skills are required.
- Experience in product managing mobile app ( Android and iOS ) and HTML5 based sites is desired.
- Ability to cooperate in a cross-functional team environment spread across many departments, while driving for desired outcomes.
- Ability/willingness to travel ~10-20%
Want to learn more about the team: https://www.allstate.jobs/2017/09/12/innovation-at-allstate/
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top