Technical Manager - Mobile Apps
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate's Mobile Center of Excellence is looking for a technical manager for a new innovative security product. The manager and team will be responsible for defining the strategy, building solutions, managing the product portfolio and building end user applications in this emerging domain. These solutions are geared towards both consumers and businesses in the mobile and digital ecosystem. The candidate must be a strong technical leader that will drive strategy, innovation, execution and delivery of product. The team under the direction of the manager consists of 30 development resources supporting Web, iOS, Android and Cloud platforms. This is an opportunity to execute in a start-up environment on a new bleeding edge technology.
- Owns the technical strategy and architecture of the product(s).
- Hands-on technical leader that provides expertise and establishes an innovative culture
- Financial responsibility for a $5MM budget out of the overall program initiative.
- Becomes the internal product expert for this initiative and its related insurance and technology products.
- Assist in definition of product vision, value proposition, and positioning for new native mobile app products.
- Champion the creation of the platform with internal Allstate stakeholders and outside partners.
- Drive discussions and decision-making on both business and highly technical issues engaging with internal and external partners. Mediate decisions that have technology and business implications.
- Champion research and analysis of industry and market data (customers/competition/technology) that will impact our product suite.
- Provide clear product and project prioritization based on business, consumer, technical and financial issues.
- Establish metrics and process improvement governance.
- Provide expertise in developing technical documents that define market and product requirements.
- Work with Development, Operations, and Project Management teams to ensure development and delivery of products on time and manage expectations.
- Work closely with Customer Marketing/UX to facilitate creation of ground breaking user experiences across form factors.
- Represent Allstate in customer meetings, external functions, projects and consortia, as necessary.
- 7+ years of professional development experience in java, C, or modern languages required
- Solid Experience with AWS and cloud infrastructure services
- Solid experience with Xcode and Android Studio
- Expert in Agile Scrum or XP methodologies.
- Experienced with Jira, Jenkins, and CI/CD automation pipelines
- BA/BS in computer science or electrical engineering required. MS Preferred
- Strong technical skills or experience in a technically complex product development environment.
- Ability to conceptualize, run, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Experience in product managing mobile app (Android and iOS) and Responsive Web sites is required.
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills with track record of navigating complex unstructured cross-functional environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- Results oriented as demonstrated by proven ability to meet short deadlines and execute against multiple competing priorities with little direct supervision.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top