Tax Accountant Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The tax role within the Allstate enterprise is to provide all tax compliance, tax accounting and tax planning functions for the enterprise. This includes handling of all tax related audits as well as appropriate communication, where appropriate, with management on tax and related matters.
The Tax Consultant position generally requires two to four years of experience in the relevant tax field for which they are being considered (e.g. federal and state corporate income taxes, taxation involving the federal tax provision, federal and state compliance work including preparation of federal and tax returns as well as a variety of compliance projects related to insurance and noninsurance companies.)
- Preparation and analysis of the tax provision for financial reporting
- Preparation of federal income tax returns
- Preparation and analysis of tax adjustments
- Identification of tax issues and performance of tax research to resolve issues
- Account reconciliations and validations
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- Working collaboratively within the team and across the department
- Assistance with responding to information document requests for IRS audits
- Special projects as assigned
The skills required are:
- Knowledge of GAAP - Life insurance and reinsurance knowledge a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple customers and suppliers while consistently meeting required reporting deadlines.
- Knowledge of financial statement reporting and related analysis.
- Ability to assemble and communicate findings to areas requesting analytical information.
- Organizational and referencing skills related to workpapers, financial statements and schedules prepared.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 2 + years of related accounting experience
- Knowledge of Insource RS, Corp Tax and SAP
- Intermediate PC skills in Microsoft Office
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top