Systems Analyst - Oracle WebLogic
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate's Unified Customer View - Technology Solutions (UCV-TS) team is seeking a Systems Analyst (SA). The role will be part of the UCV-TS Enterprise Document Storage (EDMS) team which is responsible primarily for supporting the EDMS technologies, services and applications. The technologies consist of Tibco Business Works & Business Engines, Oracle, Linux, Microsoft Server, networking and supporting scripting languages.
The Systems Analyst (SA) is responsible for creating high-level technical designs for moderate to complex projects and maintenance efforts by analyzing requirements and systems architecture, collaborating with technology partners and adhering to tool standards with little assistance. The SA assesses, documents, and mitigates design constraints and/or risks and performs design reviews to develop and support optimal IT solutions.
- Product development and technical support for EDMS which is a highly available enterprise system integrated with most of the key business applications across Allstate
- Participate in all project related reviews, ensuring integrity is maintained through the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Analyze and review business, functional, and technical requirements, create detailed technical design documents or stories in line with Agile methodology, document and develop code according to specifications and standards
- Act as a Global Technical Lead and communicate effectively with peers, business analysts, project managers, quality control, and across other technology team boundaries
- Hands-on experience with Oracle web content manager. (Oracle OEM, WebLogic, Content server)
- Experience with the Oracle database management and development.
- Proficient with SQL script writing (for Oracle database)
- Experience with Linux and Shell Scripting
- Familiarity with the CI/CD and DevOps tools - Jenkins, Antifactory and GitHub.
- Knowledge of the enterprise storage solutions. (NAS, Object Storage)
- General knowledge in the Network. (network functionality, understanding in load balancing solutions)
- Good communications and collaboration skills
- Solid organization skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and efforts
- TIBCO Administration
- .Net experience. ---(web UI, TestHarness, and monitoring tool)
- Windows Web Server administration and IIS
- Technical expert in Java (JDK & JRE) and RESTful services
- Technical expert of Active Directory functionality
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top