Systems Analyst- Dev Ops Automation
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate's Unified Customer View (UCV) team is seeking a Service Engineer to oversee the automation to support multiple technologies and vended applications. We are looking for a tech Savvy individual who has a broad range of knowledge and experience of technologies and can quickly adapt to others.
The Service Engineer (SE) Technician will be responsible for the implementation and support of the automated solutions to manage the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and environment support activities for UCV. We are looking to implement full DevOps within our development community as well and full automation support for our vended applications.
The primary responsibility of this role is to manage and plan efforts to support DevOps for multiple platforms and implement full automation for infrastructure and vended application support. The SE Technician utilizes proven systems, scripting, developer, and DevOps skills to execute on at times highly complex tasks related to code, software delivery as well as system monitoring and recovery.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Aim of quickly learning and applying knowledge and skills required of a DevOps Automation Engineer
- Provide lead support and automated solutions for UCV technologies including consulting, configuring, deploying, monitoring, and self-healing/recovery for applications.
- Learn and employ industry leading Continuous Delivery patterns and collaboratively work with other members to execute them to achieve successful continuous delivery solutions.
- You will employ industry Continuous Delivery patterns and collaboratively work with other members to execute them to achieve successful continuous delivery solutions.
- Investigates, evaluates, recommends and implements new technology to meet requirements of state-of-the-art systems and projects.
- Academically conversant with Continuous Integration practices and tools such as Jenkins or other CI tools
- 2-5+ years of technical experience in either development, operations, or full-stack implementations.
- At least 1-2 years of demonstrated programming capability in a high-level programming language such as Python, Java, C# or other language
- 2+ years of demonstrated Linux command-line capability
- Good high level appreciation of software development best practices including SDLC, Agile, Scrum, XP etc.
- Knowledge of scripting and support tools including Jenkins, Splunk, GitHub, Puppet, Octopus
- Knowledge of RedHat Linux operating system and Cloud Foundry (Cloud solutions)
- Knowledge of other technologies Layer 7, TIBCO, IBM WebSphere, F5/networking, SOLR/ZooKeeper
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top