Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Solution Design is a focused discipline to define a set of solution options that outline cohesive feature sets, and potential MVP candidates within a bi-modal organization. It provides traceability of requirements to project analysis, design components and models conceptual architectures, business and systems analysis work. The team evaluates solutions with cross-DCIO partners to provide broad awareness and collect critical feedback from multiple perspectives. Solution Design makes use of reusable solution patterns and evaluates all solutions against architecture governance and compliance processes.
- This roles requires strong project management skills. Assignments are self-managed to an aggressive SLA and requires coordination with many skilled technical resources across the organization. This role will need to bring technical expertise to the conversation, but also be able to drive results and multi-task extremely well.
- Quickly assesses Allstate's technical environment and provides extensive technology expertise regarding Allstate's technical areas and obtains/maintains a detailed understanding of the application roadmaps.
- Act as a steward to champion strategic solutions and industry standards within and outside of assigned area/DCIO
- Review significant proposed work within area/DCIO; provide rationale for pursuing an initiative and help identify the relevant components that lead to the creation of a comprehensive conceptual design with the elimination of redundancies, and simplification of applications and their interactions in mind.
- Establish key technical assumptions and provide leadership in the creation of large-scale, complex project estimates for projects requiring oversight or consulting from the Solution Design team.
- Provides boundaries that project teams must stay within. Ensures critical technical components are included within a highly complex and diverse environment.
- Provide appropriate oversight to confirm requirements, oversee design, and ensure delivery of design deliverables.
- Advocate and implement technology strategies from which appropriate frameworks are built, platform and vendor updates are facilitated and application replacement/retirements decisions are made.
- Understand architectural and platform strategies. Create high-level technical designs for highly complex projects by analyzing and tracing designs to requirements (business and functional) and systems architecture.
- Participate in all Solution Design reviews to ensure solutions align to the technology roadmaps, they are simple, reusable and maintainable. Provide expert knowledge on technical capabilities and dependencies and confirm compliance with business objectives and requirements.
- Modeling experience needed; enterprise and business architecture; Sparx Enterprise Architect tool experience would be a plus
Java, iOS, Android, .Net, SPARX, Business Architecture Modeling, Integration Architecture
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top