System Analyst, Charlotte, NC
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Systems Analyst will handle production support for Agency Facing applications with a focus on the IA (Independent Agent) space. The Systems Analyst (SA) creates solutions and approaches for complex projects and maintenance efforts by analyzing requirements and systems architecture, collaborating with technology partners and adhering to tool standards with little assistance. The SA assesses, documents, and mitigates design constraints and/or risks and performs design reviews to develop and support optimal IT solutions.
- Be able to provide on-call 24x7 support for Allstate Independent Application major, complex issues, including acting as backup for the Vendor Production Support Lead
- Engage with technology stakeholders in incident solution creation
- Analyze technical documentation (Requirements, Design documents)
- Develop code for internet facing web applications, C#.NET
- Create and provide leadership in unit testing
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues in a variety of application environments
- Provide Technical leadership and best practice guidance across all platforms
- Create/Write processes for adoption across the team
- Application development – Proof of Concepts; Development Projects.
- Create and provide leadership in automated unit testing and drive code quality
- Creates the high-level technical designs for high complexity projects and difficult maintenance efforts by analyzing and tracing designs to requirements (business, functional, and nonfunctional) and systems architecture; creates design documents and maintain design artifacts
- Stewards an application or project and the business process(es) supported; facilitate implementation of strategies, elimination of redundancies, and simplification of the application
- Identifies systems and technical constraints, potential technology risks, and document possible mitigation strategies for high complexity projects
- Understands the technical details, integration, and functions of a few applications, hardware, and/or software within a team; execute and enforce best practices
- Resolve complex/production issues identified in the system from a technical standpoint as part of lifecycle management projects to maintain stability of the applications.
- Identify, develop and maintain technical process improvements and application process flows.
- Manage production support activities such as incident management, problem management & expediting them to releases.
- Work with cross-functional teams and onsite/offshore team members as required.
- Provides technical input from team into architectural assessments; support architectural assessments; assist in enforcing architectural adherence for technologies within the team
- For high complexity projects, validates code to designs and requirements; conducts code walkthroughs, inspections, and reviews
- Understands and complies with the application and portfolio roadmap; participate in the execution of the roadmap to include the addition/replacement/retirement of applications; monitor the technical progress of the project
- Understands estimating process and help validate accuracy; helps identify critical path across project teams
- Develops and/or confirms detailed estimates for high complexity projects; monitors, documents and communicates the technical progress of the project
- Uses knowledge of integrated requirements to evaluate proposed software products
- Facilitates the resolution of complex system deficiencies with the design team and project management; supports the business in researching technical questions.
- Works with other teams in coordinating changes across systems
- Creates and evaluates Proof of Concepts (POCs)
- Plans, conducts, and reviews module and integration testing for moderate complexity projects; analyzes, validates, and consults on the content of functional test conditions for moderate complexity applications, projects, etc.
- Conducts design reviews and monitors application design impacts between concurrent releases
- Prepares the staging and development of complex test environments and conditions
- Consults on the content of functional test conditions for assigned applications, projects, etc.; supports data analysis and validation from functional tests
- Works to identify root cause of complex issues
- Partners with business partners across multiple areas of the business and across multiple projects to ensure new/revised technical requirements or high level technical design are defined and documented
- Facilitates the scope and change control process and manage issues related to technical design; provide change request direction for multiple areas of expertise; support the change analysis for design, code and other artifacts
- Maintains awareness of vendor products and suggest uses or improvements to business
- Uses knowledge of integrated requirements to evaluate proposed software products
- Identifies changes and issues to be communicated to vendors
- Drafts and edits operations/environment/desktop documentation; gathers input from other appropriate team members in the documentation creation
- Provides informal training to less-experienced members on the team
- Identifies opportunities to improve internal team processes or supported business's processes, products, or services
- Supports the achievement of the Technology organization and corporate strategy; practices alignment to achieve the common purpose; demonstrates the focus on affordability, innovation and extraordinary customer service
- Understands and can articulate how team work processes provide a line of sight to the customer
- Minimum 4 years of full SDLC experience (analysis, design, build, stabilization, deployment) including a at least 2 years building and maintaining web applications;
- Minimum 2 years of developer experience designing and implementing internet facing line of business web applications;
- Minimum 2 years developing and supporting web applications using Microsoft, Web 2.0, C#.NET, SQL, XML, SOAP, web services, AIC Framework;
- Minimum 2 years' experience of object oriented programming principals and patterns;
- Relational database experience including proficiency in SQL and stored procedures;
- Exposure to Team Foundation Server and formal software development methodologies;
- Proven ability at writing concise, high quality requirements and design documents;
- Ability to engage with business partners, technology stakeholders, technology vendors in ideation & solution creation;
- Be able to communicate technical information clearly between diverse groups of technical and non-technical individuals;
- Be a team player and partner with the business, delivery areas and customers;
- Good problem solving skills with a focus on quality and willingness to step up and take the initiative
- Be available to travel overseas from time to time.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with enterprise-wide tools such as TAM/ISAM preferred.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top