Support and Process Governance Lead Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The ARS Support function is responsible for partnering with and advising the Enterprise operations (vendor and Allstate leaders) on a variety of business and operational functions including business support, vendor management, project support, referral and leveraging information. Management within the function includes analyzing business results and developing action plans to achieve business objectives; providing direct management to SMEs in a department or sub-group within the function; coordinating workloads; providing, and feedback; and participating in and making recommendations regarding program processes and changes.
The Lead Consultant will lead the efforts to develop, document, implement, and drive the activities around managing ARS Processes and will conduct monitoring for process accuracies through the use of internal controls, metrics and reporting.
The Lead Consultant is responsible for managing individual projects and requests that come from the relationship management team. They partner with, advise and offer solutions on request to the Enterprise operations on a variety of business and operational functions including product support, vendor management, and project support. This individual uses knowledge of the ARS operations organization, industry practices, and organizational culture to set strategy and be a subject matter expert resource on a range of programs for process planning, design, execution, and implementation. This individual manages highly complex mission-critical projects to enable the achievement of ARS business objectives. This individual works with other AORs to define shared accountabilities and processes.
- Manages and conducts research of impact of changes and/or processes, feedback sessions, and data intelligence, to identify process gaps
- Develops recommendations to address identified process gaps and designs process enhancements and/or new processes to address the issues and achieve desired business outcomes
- Develops timelines, coordinates resources, and establishes check-in meetings to implement process enhancements and/or new processes
- Engaged in process improvement implementation and communicates status to all stakeholders
- Leads or acts as individual contributor to projects and manages team members and holds them accountable
- Responsible for the development and execution of ARS Process and integration across processes
- Drives the day to day activities to ensure the accuracy, effectiveness, and maintenance of ARS Process
- Leads the appropriate ARS Process boards and committees
- Understands advanced concepts and navigates the relationships between ARS Processes
- Manages the design, implementation and/or coordination for one or more ARS process policy, roles and responsibilities, and compliance
- Manages process within ARS and the performance, maturity, and compliance of process
- Manages and determines the tools and processes to gather and create ARS process requirements or process improvements.
- Manages and drives Continual Service Improvement across one or more ARS Processes.
- Manages the development and delivery of Executive Level communications relevant to ARS process, process performance, process maturity
- Manages the escalation / communication of risks and issues as appropriate
- Manages and support analysis of ARS process execution, efficiency, effectiveness, and process management activities as required by the Process Owners and other organizations
- Manages the analysis and recommendations for ARS process cost saving opportunities
- 5+ years related process improvement experience
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred
- Applies highly advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies highly advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies highly advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies highly advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies highly advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle highly complex projects
- Provides highly advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top