Strategy & Operations Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has a position available on a newly developed team at our Northbrook, IL campus. The position is Strategy and Operations Consultant. This is an entry level position that is seeking someone with analytic skills, project management skills and communication/presentation skills. The selected incumbent will be working with the leadership team to contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
- Applies demonstrated knowledge of how Allstate Independent Agencies (AIA) businesses function and what it takes to for an AIA to be successful.
- Possess an operating level of knowledge of Allstate products, discounts, markets and competition in various markets within all the states and regions.
- Working knowledge of Allstate processes performed by other areas and how they interact.
- Builds and maintains relationships with business and technology partners needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Works cooperatively with project team members, field leaders and AIAs.
- With direction, performs research, gathers information, analyzes data, draws conclusions and makes recommendations
- Conducts interviews, focus groups and working session with supervision where appropriate.
- Clearly and effectively communicates basic ideas and information to others
- With direction, develops, operationalizes, and implements ideas that have long term broad organizational impacts
- Contributes to thought leadership in the AIA/ADS and department.
- Establishes common ground and looks for mutually-acceptable solutions while building consensus.
- Willingly works to resolve conflicts, issues and differences of opinion
- Able to identify outstanding or unresolved issues, and escalate appropriately
- Communicates and presents basic project information/updates to project manager
- Using an understanding of the business, customer needs, and the broader marketplace, provides thought leadership, innovative ideas and direction to leaders.
- Seeks and utilizes relevant functional, business, and technical knowledge to identify and recommend the best solutions for Agencies and staff. Solves problems and looks for innovative solutions.
- Helps ensure plans and strategies support organization and business goals. Drives the solving of business problems and implementing strategic change.
- With direction, supports and/or leads the development/design of new plans, programs & processes up to moderate complexity
- With direction, develops communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs & processes
- Evaluates procedures and processes regularly and determines/ recommends alternatives or improvements
- Ensures processes are followed and applied consistently throughout a team
This role is instrumental in the development and implementation of strategies to achieve business unit and corporate goals.
- 1+ years of experience
- Strong excel skills including vlookup, formulas, pivot tables etc.
- Sales and or field experience preferred
- Agency development experience preferred
- Strong Presentation and facilitation skills
- Basic skills in project management, team building, and problem solving
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of SAP/Business Objects, Tableau and/or SQL a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top