Strategy Lead Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The strategy lead consultant will be part of a team that is responsible for strategic research and analytics to support strategic planning for the Allstate brand marketing organization. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Marketing Strategy. This individual will be responsible for working with senior leadership in and occasionally leading the development and implementation of strategic research and analytics packages aimed at educating the business on the implications of industry trends.
The strategy lead consultant will support the team in delivering against 4 core responsibilities:
- Facilitate strategic planning
- Analyze and synthesize key issues and trends in the insurance industry, as well as their implications to Allstate businesses
- Provide competitor research and analytics to senior leadership to support strategic planning
- Evaluate performance across key growth levers in order to prioritize marketing investments
- Conduct annual goal setting for marketing organization
- Develop profitable growth strategies
- Conduct comprehensive research from multiple sources and interact with other departments to formulate go-to-market strategies
- Create strategic options, including the quantification and articulation of growth and profit trade-offs
- Communicate strategic analysis
- Develop compelling presentations to communicate strategies to the board of directors and other senior executives
- Assist senior leadership in creating clear and concise storylines and executive level presentations
- Provide strategic & economic consulting to other areas of marketing
- Complete and occasionally lead various ad hoc projects aimed at equipping senior leadership to make sound strategic decisions
- Work to continually develop new methods and techniques to enhance our understanding of the business
- The ideal candidate will have a strong strategic mindset
- Ability to put structure around broad business topics/questions and develop end-to-end frameworks to address complexities
- Ability to think “big picture”
- Strong conceptual thinking skills
- Strong ability to navigate through ambiguity to achieve results
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills
- Effective communication across multiple levels and mediums; expert using MS PowerPoint
- Ability to distill complex information into material accessible to senior leaders
- Experience developing boardroom presentations for a fortune 500 company preferred
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in an analytical environment
- Ability to triangulate and synthesize information to develop actionable insights
- Must have experience developing economic frameworks to evaluate strategic decisions
- Must have experience analyzing business results and determining their impacts to growth and profitability
- Insurance industry experience a plus
- Self-starter, high energy and detail oriented; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in team settings as well as independently
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, preferably in an analytical field such as Finance, Economics, or Mathematics
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top