Strategic Operations Manager - Car Sharing
Avail is a new car sharing platform focused on improving mobility and reducing the cost of car ownership. We give car owners a way to earn extra income from their idle cars and connect drivers with a convenient, affordable way to drive a car when they want.
The mission of the Car Sharing team is to reduce the cost of car ownership for Americans by matching owners of underused vehicles with individuals who would like to loan them convenient, affordable vehicles. One of the company's business vertical is focused on airport-based car sharing, where outbound travelers who own a car are paired with inbound travelers who are looking to borrow a car. The Central Operations Manager will be an integral player in helping to bring this business to market in a cost-effective, efficient, and customer-obsessed manner.
Establish operational excellence:
- Use quantitative and qualitative analyses to identify opportunities across the business' footprint
- Establish and lead initiatives that address our biggest opportunities
- Measure the impact of said initiatives
- Establish new protocols to inject structure and scalability into the operation
Manage the peer-to-peer fleet:
- Develop framework for utilization maximization
- Define rules of engagement and set-up operational capabilities to share supply across business verticals
- Build out maintenance program
- Lead long-term supplier programs
Oversee general health of the operation:
- Own, manage, and update all of the standard operating procedures for the business
- Serve as a central point of contact for our field operations teams for all operation-related issues
- Support new product development by identifying needs in the field
- Lead Quality Assurance activities and remediation
This job may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of operations experience (mobility-focused operation a plus)
- Experience in a customer facing business
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead new operational processes
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Process-oriented and able to lead process improvement projects
- Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top