Strategic Distribution: Trusted Advisor - Lead Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The purpose of Strategic Distribution team is to provide efficient and effective prioritization, planning, delivery support and tracking/analysis of our project portfolio. The team operates within three key areas of operation; Prioritization & Planning, Analytics and Tracking and Execution Oversight.
This position will design, develop, manage and lead projects using appropriate technical skills to complete assignments that support business goals. The Strategic Distribution team plays a unique role in advancing the trusted advisor strategy and helping enable agencies to serve customers as trusted advisors. This role will focus on establishing an integrated system approach that will help support agencies to provide guidance and advice. The individual will be responsible for implementation of agency-based strategies to support the market through processes, technology, education and incentives to foster growth and improve satisfaction.
Responsibilities include facilitation of the annual planning process, project portfolio performance measurement, capacity analysis across the business, technology and agencies; development and socialization of projects and program support for several high-priority, cross-functional projects. Detailed may include a combination of the following based on team need:
- Plans, implements, manages, sponsors and/or contributes on projects that are of moderate to high complexity and are medium-to-large scale using accepted project management standards.
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables.
- Participates in cost benefit analysis.
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Contributes to determining where additional resources/ expertise may be necessary to successfully complete projects/ assignments.
- Lead Management
- Develop, build and test
- ATSV Development and Deployment
- Analytics and modeling
- Implementation – education, training, regional integration
- Develops data, reports, analysis, and research as well as data and financial modeling, numerical exhibits, and written communication.
Process and Product Design/Improvement
- Leads the development/design of new plans, programs, processes, products of moderate to high complexity.
- Develops communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs or processes.
- Establishes and evaluates procedures and processes regularly and determines/ recommends alternatives or improvements.
- Ensures processes are followed and applied consistently throughout projects and teams.
Business Program Support
- Contributes to business performance by recommending innovative/ complex changes and providing expertise in their respective discipline(s).
- Determines the integration and delivery of planned changes/ projects to key stakeholder AORs.
- Understand and align to processes that identify, develop, facilitate/conduct, communicate, implement, and/or evaluate any or all Strategic Distribution processes, projects or programs within subject matter expertise
- Researches, develops and monitors “best practices” information pertinent to Strategic Design leadership & agency revenue generation
- Provide business/technical solutions where applicable and guidance on medium complexity projects, programs, and processes
Stays current with skills by continually seeking opportunities for learning and development within their respective discipline(s)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in Project Management
- Project Management certification preferred
- Possesses advanced working knowledge of policies and procedures in management or other technical fields
- Leverages awareness of current industry standards/environment to impact decisions and indicate requirements
- Serves as a subject matter expert and can consult on issues within their discipline(s) from an internal perspective
- Knowledge of products, services, features and benefits
- Technical understanding of processes, software applications, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Revises or adopts work processes to support change management
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top