Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Scope of position includes:
- Enterprise storage management
- Automation of storage administration and management
- Protect enterprise storage against security vulnerabilities and attacks
- Management of storage platforms/resources which could include NetApp, Scality, Wintel, UNIX/Solaris/RHEL, VMware, HDS/IBM/PURE/EMC/Nimble Storage, Brocade and Cisco UCS switches.
- Engagement with internal business functions and multiple diverse application support teams
- High visibility interaction with Allstate business units' technical representatives, infrastructure engineers and administrators, at all levels, to ensure that expectations are understood, documented and met.
Storage Capabilities Team:
- Manages Allstate's storage infrastructure. Has the ability and experience to drive storage improvement efforts, through implementation of new technologies and/or automation in a secure data center or cloud environment. Responsible for lifecycle management, as well as, the development and deployment of new capabilities within the storage and backup infrastructures. Accountable for the certification, security, and implementation of new hardware, software, and capabilities for storage technologies.
Purpose of the position:
- Primary purpose is to manage storage infrastructure, contribute to storage automation efforts, delivery new storage capabilities to support Allstate's business needs, and ensure storage security standards are met,
Design/create/automate storage solutions to meet business unit requirements. Responsible for lifecycle management of storage platforms. Introduce and deploy new storage capabilities through the introduction and deployment of new technologies. Develop and deploy storage automation to improve service delivery. Assist in the development of the short and long term enterprise storage strategy. Represent the NAS, Backup, Archive and SAN teams in collaborative efforts and projects with internal clients and other infrastructure teams. Maintain a relationship with storage vendors and stay abreast of their latest technology offerings and recommend new capabilities that provide value to Allstate. Establish, implement, and perform storage management functions that ensure the resiliency, maintainability, and security of the storage infrastructure. Translate business requirements into storage and data protection tasks and documentation. Adhere to policies and practices associated with change management, incident management, problem management, and release management in the storage infrastructure. Research and respond to inquiries regarding solution alternatives, execution or delivery. Effectively manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
Research new storage and related technologies that would add value in the Allstate infrastructure. Evaluate, benchmark and make recommendations for the selection of storage software and hardware products, including storage management and reporting products.. Produce policy, best practice, and procedural documentation for all storage related software and hardware implemented in the storage infrastructure. Perform testing of new software and firmware patches to the storage environment and produce documentation for rolling out to software. Monitor storage usage and assist with capacity management for all datacenters. Document procedures for all storage policies, procedures, and guidelines. Provide 3 rd level support for all production storage and/or data protection infrastructure platforms including performance tuning.
Required Technical Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Python and PowerShell or Perl scripting
- Knowledge of storage administration
- Understanding of IP networking principles
- Understanding of NAS protocols : NFS and CIFS.
- Understanding of Object Storage technologies, specifically products which support the S3 API.
- Experienced with storage infrastructure products from NetApp
- Experienced in storage concepts including mirroring, snapshots, replication, RAID, erasure coding, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with VMware ESX, RHEL, and Windows Server.
Desired Technical Qualifications:
- Experience with / exposure to storage SAN technologies (HDS, Pure, IBM, EMC)
- Experience with / exposure to data protection products such as Netbackup, Rubrik, or Avamar
- Experience with / exposure to ZL Unified Archive
- Familiar with NetApp's OnCommand suite of management utilities (OnCommand Insight, OnCommand Unified Manager)
- Familiar with NetApp's Workflow Automator utility
- Familiar with cloud storage concepts
- Familiar with hyper-converged infrastructure/solutions
- Experience with addressing vulnerabilities in storage protocols and storage platforms.
- Understands features of storage array products
- VMware administration experience
- Windows Server administration experience
- RHEL administration experience
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Good personal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with other infrastructure teams, application teams and client representatives
- Organizational skills with attention to task details, documentation and target dates
- Team orientated, willing to share knowledge and collaborate with peers.
- MS Office - Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, SharePoint
- Sense of urgency
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top