Storage Capabilities Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The storage Capabilities Manager plans, directs and drives execution of Network Attached Storage, Object Storage, Backup/Data Protection and Archive platform activities and programs that are of a complex and critical nature. The Manager selects, leads, counsels, motivates, sets expectations and evaluates medium to large teams. The Manager impacts the team and business results and assists in defining, implementing and prioritizing IT policies, procedures and best practices.
Span of Control:
- Manage multiple storage and backup platforms
- Manage team of 10-12 direct reports
- Manage budget for platforms
- Build long-term relationships within team and amongst peers by creating an environment of safety, innovation, integrity, and honest open communication.
- Model and create an environment of accountability for direct reports and peers
- Establish vision, direction and specific objectives for team efforts allowing individual freedom of action to accomplish objectives.
- Execute HR-related processes including setting goals, collecting performance data and developing and mentoring team based on open, timely and honest feedback.
- Set and execute platform strategy, including objectives, plans and policies to develop and deliver innovative solutions and systems in support of Enterprise goals.
- Manage day to day work of direct reports by monitoring budgets, expenses and scope. Facilitate project delivery and support for complex storage and data protection projects of critical importance.
- Coordinate with decisions makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Drive decisions that have an impact on quality, availability and effectiveness of business activities beyond immediate teams.
- Initiate and implement continuous improvements in the storage and data protection platforms; including automation and self-service capabilities.
- Participate in long-term technology strategies that contribute to Allstate business and functional strategies.
- Influence direct reports, clients, service providers and peers to successfully deliver on business goals and commitments.
- Partner with others in the organization to set and manage expectations; continually seek opportunities to be a thought partner and deepen relationships.
- Adapt communication approach for audiences at multiple internal and external levels.
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
Experience: 5+ years of technical and people leadership. Experience leading or working in a geographically dispersed team environment. Experience working with enterprise level IT infrastructure platforms.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top