State Filings Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The State Filings group is responsible for managing Government and Industry Relations work including but not limited to: Rate / Rule and Form Filings, Historical State Filings Research, Market Conduct Exams and some Data Calls.
Contributes to projects and activities for the Government and Industry Relations, State Filings group. Prepares rate/rule/form filings for submission to regulators. Works with various business areas to help ensure timely and accurate submission of filings and responses to request for information. Collaborates with clients and/or other areas of L&R department.
- Pricing, Underwriting and Policy language:
o Review and prepare filings with supervision
o Facilitate responses to regulator inquiries with supervision
o Provide support to Lead Consultants and Experts
o Conducts historical rate and form filing research for business units when necessary
o Research and compile information requested related to State Filings work with supervision
o Consults, influences, and educates internal clients on State Filings processes
- Regulatory Project Management
o Assist with the coordination of responses to requests for information from regulatory bodies, inlcuding Market Conduct Exams, Data Calls, and the Market Conduct Annual Statement with supervision
Provide support to help ensure timely, accurate and consistent responses
o Provides administrative and compliance support to ALLPAC
- 1 to 2 years of related experience
- Ability to identify opportunities, recommend and help implement process improvements
- Is analytical and detail oriented; able to identify, prioritize and solve problems effectively
- Able to work in a diverse, multi-office environment
- Basic ability to understand pricing, underwriting and insurance policy basics
- Basic ability to understand business strategy as it relates to State Filings work.
- Basic understanding of rules governing political action committees.
- Ability to deliver corporate results while keeping management of work progress and escalate issues as appropriate
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills, basic written and oral communication and effective customer service skills
- Strong ability to balance ethical/compliance issues with business goals in advice (as appropriate)
- Has relevant experience or education
- Possesses bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Basic negotiation and mediation skills
- Basic project management skills
- Basic change management skills
- Basic researching, quality assurance, and formatting skills
- Ability to identify inconsistencies in routine work and initiate corrective action within own workflow
- Ability to deliver results with a sense of urgency
- Adapts well to change; able to multi-task.
- Is a proactive self-starter who is able to manage his/her time effectively
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity
- Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top