Staff Internal Auditor
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Internal Audit Department within Allstate, located in Northbrook, IL, seeks individuals interested in the Internal Audit profession. Ideal candidates are motivated individuals who seek opportunities in a dynamic, team-based work environment. As part of Allstate’s Internal Audit Department, individuals will have the opportunity to work on high impact, high exposure audits associated with various aspects of Allstate’s business. The position provides the opportunity to interact with a wide array of individuals across the organization, including Senior Management. Travel requirements are minimal (15%).
The individual may be responsible for or involved with:
- Audit planning and execution, including risk assessment, process analysis, and control evaluation.
- Coordinating the work of other project members on leadership assignments.
- Providing ongoing internal control consulting.
- Partnering with Management in support of key initiatives and projects.
- Leading audit engagements with multiple staff members.
The skills required are:
- Ability to work independently as well as in a strong team environment.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Good understanding of audit theory and application.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort in dealing with the unknown.
- Understanding of fundamental IT concepts.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Intermediate critical thinking and problem solving skills around business issues.
- Proficiency in business-related computing applications (e.g., Microsoft Office applications)
In Internal Audit, we offer individualized training on audit execution and professional development, and extensive support in the areas of career pathing, continuing education, and the attainment of professional certifications.
- College degree – major preference of Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance or Information Technology
- 2+ years’ experience (including internships) within any of the following areas: Accounting, Banking, Financial Services, Finance, Insurance, or Internal Audit a plus.
- 2+ years of Allstate, Internal Audit, Public Accounting, or related business experience preferred.
- CPA or CIA certification a plus.
Allstate will not sponsor individuals for employment based visa’s for this position
Internal Audit department expectation: New hires can expect to spend their first twenty-four months in a specialized development program where you will be mentored and trained on the various organizations within Allstate, our auditing methodologies, as well as gaining the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities needed to help you have a successful career in the Allstate Internal Audit department.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top