Staff Financial Planning Consultant, Investments
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Finance, Planning and Analysis team is responsible for producing timely and insightful financial results and projection analysis; preparing the annual strategic and operating plans and related forecasts; producing weekly cash flow projections; and developing internal management based reporting for The Allstate Corporation's Investments Portfolio.
The FP&A Consultant is responsible for analyzing and communicating investment portfolio financial results. The Consultant is expected to manage assignments based on prioritization, identify issues as circumstances merit, and provide recommendations for process improvement. A solid understanding of economics and financial statement reporting for investments is required.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate, timely reports with financial insight, giving recipients transparency into investment results
- Isolate key drivers and quantify impacts of portfolio actions, recognizing how different data points fit together
- Prepare and help build storyline for financial results, utilized for both internal and external messaging
- Collaborate with team to anticipate and identify emerging trends
- Develop and lead effective presentations for small groups
- Drive conversations to understand implications of current trends
- Execute financial statement key controls
- Inspire trust and confidence through strategic and diplomatic handling of relationships
- At this level, an analyst may be required to train and review the work of other analysts
- A minimum of 1.5 years of Financial Analysis experience in Investments or Financial Services organization
- Intermediate business knowledge (i.e. deep financial skills/flow of the numbers)
- Working knowledge of investments-related financial and accounting concepts
- Intermediate analytical and financial model building skills
- Solid work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details and take initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement - personally and with work assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required. Working knowledge of Power Point and Word.
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
- CPA/CFA candidate preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top