Staff Financial Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Florida Region Finance team is seeking a creative problem-solver and dynamic team player who is interested in a leadership track. Ideal candidates will possess an analytical mind, natural intellectual curiosity and enjoy consultative work as they partner with business leaders across the organization to create innovative solutions that improve operational results. Key functions include identifying emerging issues and assisting in the development and implementation of regional strategies. The unique regional structure allows for direct line of sight to results and increased cross-functional client interaction. This is a Senior Analyst position with opportunity for rapid advancement including opportunity for accelerated leadership with potential for direct oversight of entry-level analysts as a unit leader.
- Analyze and communicate financial results for key products, markets and initiatives
- Develop compelling story lines, deepen client insights and recommend creative actions that guide strategy and operations
- Formulate financial projections to predict and track performance, diagnose potential issues and prompt corrective actions
- Ensure Protection Finance’s credibility and reputation of high quality (accurate, timely, relevant) financial measurement, reporting, planning and consulting
- Finance career opportunities available in Home Office (Northbrook, IL) and across the United States in our 14 regional offices
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business
- Prepare and help build storyline for financial updates
- Collaborate with business partners to identify emerging issues and assist in implementation of strategies
- Use analysis to influence and drive action within finance and our business partners by using fact-based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives
- Provide accurate, timely reports with financial insight to allow business partners to improve performance
- Develop effective presentations for small and large groups
- A minimum of 1.5 years of Financial Analysis experience in an Insurance company or Financial Services organization
- Intermediate business knowledge (i.e.; deep financial skills/flow of the numbers)
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting concepts
- Intermediate analytical and financial model building skills
- Solid work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details and take initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement – personally and with work assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required. Working knowledge of Power Point and Word
- Hyperion Planning tool (including Essbase) experience is a plus
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top