Staff DevOps Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Avail is a new car sharing platform focused on improving mobility and reducing the cost of car ownership. We give car owners a way to earn extra income from their idle cars and connect drivers with a convenient, affordable way to drive a car when they want.
Avail (affiliate company of Allstate) is a new car sharing platform focused on improving mobility and reducing the cost of car ownership. We give car owners a way to earn extra income from their idle cars and connect drivers with a convenient, affordable way to drive a car when they want. A Staff DevOps Engineer at Avail is accountable for working on platform architecture and infrastructure for our car sharing product.
- Help to build a collaborative DevOps strategy and partnership with local and remote development teams
- Building best-in class service engineering capabilities in the DevOps team
- Responsible for the Engineering Operations, including building software and tools needed by the Engineering organization to deliver a high quality product
- Helping to design and develop high-performance, scalable software solutions based on state of the industry technology
• 8+ years of DevOps related experience
• Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Significant experience with AWS, Terraform, Container orchestration, RDMS and non-relational datastores, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
• Experience with agile planning, deployment, integration, test/validation, and configuration custom software across multiple DevOps tooling platforms
• Expert level experience with Jenkins
• Strong practical administration skills in Public Cloud environments
• Shown experience shipping a high quality third party developer platform
• Experience with web services and web application/services support
• Workflow flexibility and strong teamwork skills
• A natural aptitude for teaching and learning from others in a collaborative team environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top