Sr Sourcing Consultant - Facilities Category
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Category Sourcing group strategically sources and manages a combination of categories in support of Sourcing and Procurement Solutions (SPS) objectives. By utilizing the Procurement Lifecycle (assessment, selection, contract, and performance management), SPS will deliver procurement value and enable clients to deliver on their commitments through careful contract negotiating and securing value added discounts for our clients.
A Sourcing Expert drives results for Sourcing and Procurement Solutions (SPS) by providing consulting services to internal business clients and serving as a sourcing and category expert. This role has responsibility for multiple highly complex / business critical / high risk strategic sourcing initiatives, assignments and categories. The primary category focus for this role is the Facilities category, which includes goods and services such as Energy, Security Services, Cafeteria Services, Property Management, MRO, Fleet, Aviation, Shipping/Freight, Office Supplies, Building Automation, Cleaning Services, Cleaning Supplies, Furniture and Waste Management. The secondary category focus for this role will be on various types of Professional Services. The role will lead activities utilizing the Procurement Lifecycle (assessment, selection, contract, and performance management) to enable clients to deliver on their business objectives, and must understand and utilize industry best practices and take risks to drive procurement solutions. Other responsibilities include coaching colleagues with less experience for the assigned category, and interacting with leadership and executives both internal and external to the company. The role may include category and active project management.
The SPS Sourcing Expert partners with SPS Sourcing and Category Management personnel, Legal, Security, Data Privacy and other enabling functions to ensure optimal terms and conditions, data protections, competitive commercial terms, key performance indicators and service level agreements (SLAs) are in line with the applicable Allstate solution requirements. This role is also tasked with building collaborative relationships with strategic suppliers, and managing and/or coaching colleagues both directly or indirectly for the assigned category.
Key Responsibilities include category/sourcing strategy and process execution as well as supplier management which may entail:
- Actively partner with internal clients to understand business objectives, requirements, market /industry benchmarks and trends, and company purchasing patterns to assess sourcing opportunities.
- Proactively establish sourcing strategies which includes evaluation of sourcing alternatives, identifying the sourcing approach, and establishing project plan / timeline to deliver an effective sourcing solution.
- Effectively lead execution of the sourcing strategy for key projects
- Lead and act as liaison/facilitator for sourcing/project teams and advisory boards.
- Develop supplier selection criteria and gain client alignment.
- Negotiate complex, critical, and/or high risk projects and other contract terms to ensure sourcing solutions drive client value in an appropriate time frame.
- Complete SPM activities including contract inventory, segmentation, risk assessments, contingency planning and validation of right pricing and take appropriate action to address risk and opportunity areas identified.
- Lead business reviews with suppliers and internal clients to measure supplier performance, contract adherence and participate to identify performance issues and manage resolution through on-going process/service delivery improvement.
- Ensure appropriate SLA performance standards are in place and appropriate reporting occurs.
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or related field
- MBA is a plus
- CPSM strongly preferred
- 13+ years of procurement experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the Facilities category strongly preferred; experience in the Professional Services category is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of procurement techniques and principles
- Sourcing process, negotiations, contracting, supplier management, supplier diversity, industry/trend analysis, metrics/measurement, etc.
- Procurement tools (i.e., financial reporting tools, contract management tool, reverse auctions, etc.)
- Knowledge of assigned commodity industry / marketplace
- Knowledge of sourcing for highly complex, large spend, business critical, and or high risk categories
- Significant experience with RFP development and execution
- Significant relationship management skill set
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top