Sr. Software Engineer (Full Stack Developer)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As a CompoZed Full Stack Software Engineer you work in a structured paired environment. You architect and design systems to deliver your products using modern tools, technologies, frameworks, and systems. You develop code every day and are highly focused on test driven development, continuous delivery and innovation. Your team owns and manages running your applications in production and are accountable for the success of your digital products through achieving KPIs.
As a Lead Consultant you serve as a key member of the product team. You practice and champion the CompoZed methodology and eXtreme Programming (XP) and a product mindset within each product team; design and implement applications following 12-factor principles to build out the product and iterative enhancements. You own the full stack of software products; developing and implementing frontends (web or mobile), and backend services. You leverage test driven development and continuous integration to ensure agility and quality of products. You actively participate in the decision-making process of the team ensuring that the simplest appropriate technology and design is chosen to meet user needs. You coach other team members, creating an environment of continuous learning, and constantly challenging and stretching the knowledge of the team. As a member of the CompoZed Lab engineering enablement team, you will work as a consultant with multiple product teams to enable the above and build products to improve developer productivity and experience for our platform.
- Participates in inceptions and iteration planning meetings, infusing backlogs with technical input working in close partnership with the product manager
- Leads and participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Leads and participates in retrospectives; demonstrating and encouraging each participant to provide feedback with empathy
- Partners in collaboration and strategy alignment across product portfolios (cross-product) in partnership with product managers, other peers and key stakeholders with the customer needs and wants in mind
- Participates in the effort of shaping the architecture and design of the product; actively helps the team in choosing the right technology, solving technical problems,
- Coaches the team and leads daily practices of using paired programming and test-driven development in writing software and building products
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- Provides support for software products in user environments
- Leads and participates in knowledge sharing and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the CompoZed Labs community.
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 5+ years of developing and implementing systems at scale preferred
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object-oriented design principles
- Strong understanding of distributed systems, operating systems, networking, databases, security, and analytics
- Experience in developing REST APIs versioning, service discovery/registration, testing and management; experience using API gateways a plus
- Experience with web and API security including authentication, authorization, OAuth, OWASP, OpenID, and SAML
- Experience in backend development design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching) and messaging, implementation and optimization
- Experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps. Git and Jenkins a plus.
- Knowledge and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring
- Experience working in an eXtreme Programming (XP) or agile environment
- Experience in Test Driven Development; including knowledge and experience in testing frameworks like junit, mockito, jasmine, enzyme, jest and other like technologies
- Able to learn new technologies, and teach other members of the team/s
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top