Sr. Software Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Provide code/design analysis and strategy, support project planning, develop code and designs for complex projects
- Critique and evaluate detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements to ensure best in class solutions
- Ensure that design reviews are scheduled and executed and that standards and documentation are followed. Provide feedback and recommend solutions.
- Manages complex technical design components and act as a referral expert in appropriate languages, data structures, vended packages, techniques and design methods
- Identifies opportunities, from a technical perspective, for promoting process efficiency, simplification, and improving application performance
- Lead and organize testing reviews. Track and resolve complex defects and assists in planning efforts of complex functional tests in support of Quality Control.
- Perform root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of problem and manage the resolution of complex problems.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of web development experience
- 5+ years' experience in C/C+, Java or Python
- Experience developing web applications and frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, GWT etc.
- Experience with Universal Application, Tenfold Technology
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top