Sr. Software Engineer
- Charlotte, NC
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Software Engineer to join our growing Data Science and Engineering team and build out the next generation of our platform. Our team is innovating the tools, technologies, and techniques that enable Allstate to stay on the leading edge of analytics, bring the best data-driven solutions to the enterprise.
We can hire mid and senior level engineers depending on your experience. The ideal candidate is a hands-on Java developer with significant experience in backend applications. We're looking for someone with experience in developing scalable and highly available enterprise-level applications. The candidate must have strong, first-hand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and web technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
Here's more on what the role entails:
- Passion to develop products that people love to use.
- Analyze, design and develop enterprise level applications.
- Participate in product development in an agile environment.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Identify new technologies to continuously enhance the existing products.
We're looking for a Java Engineer with a minimum of 3+ years of experience in B2B. As noted above, we can hire mid and senior level Engineers depending on experience. Candidates need a BS degree in computer science or similar, and the following qualifications:
- Solid hands-on experience in Java Development is a must.
- Good understanding of building APIs and services using REST.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in using build automation technologies like Gradle, Maven, Jenkins.
Following qualifications are a plus
- Experience working with Python, R,
- Machine Learning knowledge and exposure.
- Familiarity with Spring Framework.
- Exposure to Cloud Technologies: Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Exposure to Big Data and Streaming technologies such as: Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top