Sr. SharePoint Administrator DevOps Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Are you someone who loves technology? Do you find yourself building out Linux or Windows servers to deploy and learn open-source projects? Do you enjoy learning scripting, coding and find yourself making up projects to try out and exercise your developer skills? Are you a software developer or do you long to become a software developer? If any or all of these describe you, then you'll love working on our Enterprise Content Services DevOps team!!
We are seeking an energetic and talented Senior SharePoint Administrator to join our DevOps team. In this role, you will be our SharePoint technical expert supporting our company-wide employee facing portal. Additionally, you will get to mentor and grow junior team members as you grow, develop and build your own career!
- Use SharePoint Designer 2013 to manage site content and workflows, as needed.
- SharePoint general architecture expert.
- Develop workflows in SharePoint to help execute business processes.
- Implement and maintain user profile properties, including 'MySites' functionality.
- Create, leverage and manage content types, site columns, page layouts, lookups and templates for re-use in sites.
- Edit and customize pages using SharePoint Designer.
- Archive data as appropriate.
- Site collection administration.
- Site farm administration.
- Provide content publishing support, webpart site pages, workflow support, et al.
- Site storage support.
- Social content support using Skyera.
- Work on new site provisioning (sub-sites).
- Execute moderately complex to complex tasks related to systems analysis and scripting.
- Migration to new SharePoint version (Cloud, On premises).
- Change management: Planning and executing complex change tasks.
- Configuration management.
- System monitoring, web analytics and dashboard support.
- Incident resolution.
- Operational document maintenance.
- Off hours support as needed and participate in weekend application deployment and validation rotation.
- Reduce manual effort by designing, developing and implementing automated validation.
- Disaster recovery planning and execution.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of experience administering and maintaining a SharePoint 2013 infrastructure
- 5-7 years of related information technology experience preferred.
- Microsoft Certifications are preferred
- Play well with others and work well within a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Willingness and desire to learn and grow.
- Already know or interested to learn .NET programming and PowerShell Scripting.
- Windows Server Administration experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Windows desktop and Server.
- Have an understanding of SDLC and PMO processes.
- Have familiarity with the following methodologies: Waterfall and SCRUM or XP.
- Working knowledge of any or all the following a plus: SQL Server, Dynatrace, Logviewer, ServiceNow, Jenkins, Artifactory, GitHub.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top