Sr. Network Engineer - InfoBlox/DNS - Charlotte
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Network Engineer is responsible for researching, designing, building, testing, deploying, analyzing, administering, troubleshooting and maintaining the enterprise infrastructure that performs:
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Dynamic Host Control Protocol system (DHCP)
- IP Address Management system (IPAM)
- Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- File Distribution.
Our current vendor for these services is Infoblox. This includes availability/fault, performance, and capacity planning for the systems used in managing Infoblox.
The successful candidate will need knowledge with utilizing/troubleshooting DNS, utilizing/troubleshooting Dynamic DNS, utilizing/troubleshooting DHCP, pulling and viewing traces, pulling and viewing logs, scripting, network troubleshooting, and system administration.
- Support the existing Infoblox infrastructure.
- Perform R&D activities on new features and additional add-on products.
- Install and test new releases and features of existing Infoblox Infrastructure.
- Participate in Infoblox lifecycle activity.
- Develop and implement automation via Infoblox interfaces.
- Configuring/testing traps and logging.
- Configuring and testing Authentication and Permissions.
- Test, debug, document, and analyze performance of the Infoblox appliances.
- Collaborate with other engineers, vendors, and operations staff to ensure that the Infoblox infrastructure meets the needs of the business.
3+ years in the Networking field with a background in the following skills:
- Strong understanding of DNS, Dynamic DNS and DHCP concepts.
- Experience in Administering and Managing DNS/DHCP systems and in particular, Infoblox.
- How the following devices interact/depend on DNS, Dynamic DNS, DHCP and NTP:
o Wndows OS, Apple OS, and other personal devices.
o Windows Server and Linux environments, in particular Microsoft Server 2012 / 2016, and Red Hat Linux (RHEL6 / 7)
o Other devices such as Voice equipment, Database systems (e.g. Oracle), Mainframe systems and Printing solutions
- Utilizing and/or administering Splunk (used for pulling log messages).
- Utilizing and/or administering Anue and GigaStor/Observer appliances (used for pulling packet captures).
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, and other protocols used by DNS and DHCP
- The ability to read and analyze a packet capture.
- Basic knowledge in tools such as nslookup, dig, tcpdump, wireshark,
- Experience in utilizing Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experience utilizing CMDB and ticketing systems, in particular Service Now.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top