Sr. Network Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Network Engineer is responsible for researching, designing, building, testing, deploying, analyzing, administering, and maintaining the enterprise network environments, including hardware and software components, to meet current and future business needs. This includes monitoring and controlling the performance and status of enterprise network environment technology components, and providing technology component support and problem resolution.
The successful candidate will need advanced knowledge with utilizing proven systems, scripting, and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware and software technology component analysis, integration, incident and problem resolution. The role also creates, reviews, and ensures updates are made to the configuration management plan, and will be responsible for the delivery of a multi-year lifecycle plan.
- Manage one or more of the following activities (concerning new or existing network hardware and software technology components or enhancements to existing components): research, analysis, selection, planning, and engineering.
- Manage collaboration with other Engineers, IT Architects, vendors, and business clients to ensure that modified network hardware and software technology components interact appropriately, data conversion impacts are considered, production environments are developed and maintained and other areas of impact are addressed and meet business functional and performance requirements.
- Lead efforts to analyze, plan, coordinate, and execute network lifecycle projects.
- Execute Cloud Service integration, load balancing, automation and scripting.
- Plan, manage, and execute complex network system changes in support of customer requests (Request Center, Deployment).
- Represent network teams in project Design Review Meetings to clarify project requirements, design solutions in accordance with standards, create CRE estimates, document, and lead solution in coordination with project manager and other assigned resources.
- Manage efforts to test, debug, and analyze performance, and document network hardware and software technology components.
- Manage efforts to implement network hardware and software technology components by analyzing the current environment using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of network hardware/software.
5+ years in the Networking field with a strong background in the following skills:
- MUST HAVE DNS protocol expertise, within an TCP/IP stack comprehensive knowledge, inclusive of functionality, integration and association within major operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux) and network products (Cisco routers and switches, F5 APM, GTM and LTMs, etc.)
- Cisco Wireless knowledge a MUST
- Infoblox DNS knowledge a MUST
- F5 Knowledge is preferred
- Cloud Service integration, load balancing, automation and scripting
- Technical Leader of a team in an enterprise level environment
- CCNP certification at minimum
- Management and Administration of E-Health, Gigastor, Anue, NetQoS or similar Network Management technology.
- Expert level knowledge in all the support tools required to support such environments, e.g. dig, host, nslookup, tcpdump, wireshark,
- Ability to manage circuit bandwidth
- Scripting ability with Python, Perl or other scripting languages, for the purpose of automation and highly scalable modifications in large environments
- Experience with SNMP and integrating Network infrastructure into network management systems
Preferred – ability to provide support in other areas of network infrastructure:
- Experience managing a Cisco routing and switching environment
- Experience in Cisco Wireless controllers functionality and deployment
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top