Sr. Network Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Network Engineer in this position will be responsible for:
- Deployment of medium and highly complex Local Area Networks (LANs) and configuration of Wide Area Network (WAN) equipment associated with Allstate data center, Vpn, and complex remote office deployments
- Be a member of a team working to integration Allstate into AWS and Azure
- Assist with the evaluation of technology in lab environment or writing up findings following the direction of a senior engineer
- Analyze, suggest and implement methods for orchestration and automation of deployments in network and voice areas
- Respond to incidents and escalate issues as needed.
- Create and or manage documentation of our standards, as directed by a senior engineer.
- Participate in ITIL processes (primarily configuration, change, incident, problem, capacity & asset management)
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
The Network Engineer is knowledgeable in enterprise network technologies including Routing/Switching, Server and Application Load Balancing, Wireless and Network Management tools and systems. S/he will also have some understanding of the interaction between Network and other technologies including Firewalls, Windows, UNIX, Storage, and VMware.
Minimum 3 years of eperience.
- Detailed oriented person with low error rates in the quality of their work.
- Experience with working on large or highly complex projects working in collaboration with peers, clients, and or subordinates. Must be able to coordinate and mentor others with their work.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent behaviors in continuously developing one’s self, acting like an owner, fostering an inspiring environment, focusing on our customer, and innovate & improve.
- Experience troubleshooting networks using tools like tcpdump, wireshark, netqos, eHealth, etc.
- LAN switching – Cisco IOS 6500, 4500, 3560X, 3750X, NXOS, 9000, 5000, and 2000
- WAN routers – Cisco IOS, ISR G2, 4331, or ASR’s
- Routing (BGP, OSPF, route redistribution, static routes, NAT, Policy based routing)
- QOS – CBWFQ, Policing, Shaping, troubleshooting
- WAN circuit deployment – T1, MLPPP, Ethernet
- Spanning tree (PVST+, RSPT preferred, MST)
- VPN’s (Point to Point VPN’s, DMVPN)
- Experience migrating equipment for lifecycle for move, add, or change
- Experience with Analyze, Design, plan, evaluation, implement, and transition work to operations.
- Certifications such as CCNP or a CCNA
- Experience utilizing traffic generators to simulate production traffic on pre-production networks.
- Cisco wireless controllers and access points
- Experience working in a Cloud environment such as AWS or Azure
- Security skills- port security, 802.1X, Firewalls, VRF lite, AAA
- Experience integrating equipment into management tools for monitoring, SNMP, syslog,
- One or more scripting languages (Python, Linux shell, Windows PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience with Orchestration of work jobs or fulfillment functions
- Creating effort assessments, statements of work, and documenting tasks for a PM
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top