Sr. Manager Customer Experience Journey Strategy
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Determine where to deploy our customer experience efforts to drive the greatest improvement in customer experience results (NPS and Retention). Using a customer journey approach to this determination, develop and deploy a prioritization framework to optimize customer journey management across the enterprise and ensure executive alignment and support. Routinely measure our progress and communicate broadly in a way that creates advocacy for action.
The Customer Experience Journey Strategy Senior Manager develops and deploys a prioritization framework that will drive the organization's focus and efforts by targeting key customer journeys to improve the customer experience. This individual will gain executive alignment and support and ensure that enterprise is aligned on areas of focus. They will leverage internal and external insights, benchmarks and trends to help identify and rationalize areas of focus.
In addition to identifying where our efforts will have the greatest impact, this individual will develop a robust, holistic, actionable plan to that incorporates resource management, funding, demand management and interdependencies. They will proactively manage the holistic plan on an ongoing basis by close collaboration with the individual journey owners and key partners (AMCS, UXR, UXD, etc.). They will closely monitor progress and identify barriers, facilitate solutions and escalate to senior management when and if trade-off decisions need to be made. They will develop options and recommendations with full transparency and implications to ensure an informed decision can be made.
This individual will lead the cross-functional team to map key journeys for the customer at a high level, which will aide in prioritization and communication, as well as serving as a starting point for the journey owner. This individual will develop journey level measures of success to track, monitor and communicate progress on improving how the customer experiences the Allstate brand at an enterprise level. They will create, maintain and monitor CX measures of success and journey level KPI's that will be shared across the enterprise.
This individual will lead the communication efforts both within Customer Experience as well as across the enterprise. These efforts should communicate our areas of focus, improvements made and our overall progress in improving the customers experience.
This position leverages the knowledge and skills of professionals across the enterprise and leads programs/people using appropriate technical skills to complete assignments that support business goals. This individual controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility. Their decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives. This position is accountable for training and managing directly reporting leaders as well as leading and collaborating with other analytical teams within Allstate (D3, MARA, UXR, etc.).
- Develop and deploy a customer journey prioritization framework.
- Gain executive alignment and support and ensure that enterprise is aligned on areas of focus.
- Leverage internal / external insights, benchmarks and trends to help identify & rationalize areas of focus.
- Develop a robust, holistic, actionable plan that incorporates resource management, funding, demand management and interdependencies - proactive management.
- Facilitation of remediation/solutions to critical barriers - develop options and recommendations and gain executive alignment.
- Lead x-functional efforts (CE, UX, BU's, etc.) in developing high level journey mapping of current state and future state.
- Develop measures of success to track, monitor and communicate progress - create, maintain and monitor CX measures of success and journey level KPI's that will be shared across the enterprise.
- Lead communication efforts both within Customer Experience as well as across the enterprise.
- Responsible for creative and innovative efforts to engage employees (e.g. immersion room).
- Develop and continuously improve the journey management framework to ensure we become a customer centric organization.
- Introduces and leads change effectively, leveraging insights to align and enroll organization.
- Consistently plans, implements, manages, and/or sponsors large scale key initiatives.
- Demonstrates the leadership and administrative skills necessary to manage and lead others.
- Challenges accepted ways of operating to drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- 5+ years in relevant customer experience, strategy, change management.
- Strong communicator (oral and written) of complex and innovative concepts with ability to mobilize, inspire and influence at all levels of the organization - change agent.
- Ability to develop and connect strategy into action and enroll / gain alignment.
- Creative problem solver, curious and inquisitive - can navigate a landscape for which there is not yet a map, willingness to explore unchartered territories to drive the organization forward.
- Exhibits strong collaboration skills, bridges to ideas of others and seeks to understand partners needs and perspectives.
- Embraces experimentation - ideating and prototyping to develop fresh, innovative solutions.
- Highly engaged with a degree of urgency, passion for the customer and energetic.
- Professional with strong organizational, communication, and superior ethical standards.
- Significant discipline and industry experience.
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize, and create alignment and buy in from clients and direct reports.
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated clear, concise and highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- MBA strongly recommended.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top