Sr. Manager - CompoZed Lab
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Lab Sr. Manager is a transformational leader who directs and supports the team of leaders and engineers involved in the design, development, and implementation of large-scale IT products. The Lab Associate Director focuses on the product teams in their respective Lab and provides thought leadership driving technical designs, plans, or projects, and establishes priorities in support of the DCIO. In addition, the Lab Associate Director evaluates projects for efficiency and reusable patterns while leading and motivating highly skilled engineers.
The Lab Sr. Manager supports the strategic direction for the Lab as laid out by the Lab Director. They create a work environment that enables employees to be their best and deliver on their accountabilities. They are personally accountable for creating organizational change, delivering business results by developing the team. They demonstrate a broad level of influence across the IT organization, with their business partners, peer leaders and senior leaders.
- Stay updated on the health of all products in the Lab. Play an active role in getting a product to a healthier place when not healthy
- Promotes the Lab culture/environment and engineering practices; ensures integrity of core principles (tech center culture, meet ups, paired programming, etc.). Fosters a culture in which people are excited and proud to a part of Labs
- On-boards new Products and new hires to the Lab and manages Lab resources inventory
- Be at the forefront of technology and enable the Lab to be a highly functioning technology power house that enables transformation.
- Provides thought leadership, innovative ideas, and drives toward partnership at the table. Acts as a thought leader representing Allstate and influencing the standards and practices established for the industry.
- Participates in educating and influencing key technology and business leaders in the identification of suitable products for lab development. Leads workshops with ATSV and Business leaders around Product setup and team structure
- Actively partners with other Lab Associate Directors globally to ensure resources, product assignments, lessons learned, etc. are shared and appropriately integrated.
- Contributes to guidelines for selection and use of third party products and services. Supports the evaluation process for very complex cross-domain projects in collaboration with clients and partners.
- Provides technical, operational, professional leadership over large or complex initiatives. Ensures governance over products developed in the Labs.
- Propose and/or participate in new Pursuit, Discovery and other project opportunities.
- Contribute to and collect Lab metrics at the portfolio, product, and team levels as established by Lab Director
- Ensures that appropriate resources are brought to bear on complex system issues.
- Identifies and manages risks, opportunities, compliance issues or other lab concerns.
- Works with strategic vendors and partners to review and direct product roadmaps, strategies, and plans to ensure alignment with industry and Allstate needs, both current and future.
- Supports software engineer and product manager career growth.
- Leads change across multiple organizations; catalyst for employees and peers in implementing change.
- 5+ years experience in a highly technical role
- Proven record of transformation leadership
- Prior XP/Lab/PCF experience a significant plus
- Extreme bias for action and ability to thrive in the "gray"; experience driving iterative thinking and results
- Highly connected to and aware of the external tech community
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top