Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
- Charlotte, NC
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data Science & Analytics Engineering team builds software products specifically tailored to Allstate's mission to improve customer's lives by re-inventing protection. We are creating scalable platforms for the deployment of cutting-edge predictive analytics, machine learning, and randomized experiments across the enterprise. We succeed by maintaining a steadfast focus on our customers using Lean Startup and Agile principles.
We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help us develop AI software products on a cloud-based platform which is already processing millions of unstructured objects a day. You'll help design and implement a framework that allows machine learning/deep learning models using natural language and image data to be scored in a production environment. You will have high visibility, great potential for growth, and a opportunity to make a distinct impact on how we do data science at Allstate. If you understand mathematics, general data science concepts, and full stack engineering necessary to design self-running software to automate models and analytics, we'd like to meet you. You'll also need to be a strong communicator as you will be working regularly with data science clients, as well as technology, architecture, and applications groups.
In this role, you will:
- Help design machine learning systems
- Research and implement/enhance machine learning model deployment platform
- Run machine learning tests and experiments
- Fully own production code, highly preferably REST APIs / microservices
- Deploy machine learning applications into production
- Work directly with data scientists, cloud engineer, and other stakeholders
- Extend existing machine learning libraries and frameworks
- Lead projects, including the planning and prioritization of tasks
- Ability to context switch and manage multiple projects
- Mentor team members and provide guidance on execution
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
- 3+ years proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Working knowledge of REST APIs/Microservices
- Intermediate/advanced Docker
- Strong DevOps and CI/CD skills
- Ability to write robust code in Python
- Good knowledge of Python packages, e.g. Flask, Requests, Pandas, NumPy
- Knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Knowledge of AWS/PCF a plus
- Familiarity with unstructured data a plus
- Familiarity with Java application development is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communicator and collaborator
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; Master's degree is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top