Sr. DBA- Cloud / Automation
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Database Advisor Team is looking to expand our Database DevOps team with a primary responsibility on automation and scripting. This role would be responsible for automation across multiple databases (Amazon Aurora, MongoDB, Cassandra, Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server etc.).
One of the primary responsibilities would be to prepare DBA group for Cloud migration & adoption. Partnering with delivery areas on establishing necessary pipeline to migrate products to Cloud. Anticipate and proactively work with the DBAs as well as delivery areas on identifying areas for automation and continuous improvement.
Lead by example in establishing and emphasizing communication, collaboration and partnership between product managers, application teams and database advisors.
Drive productivity with focus on automation and continuous improvement.
• Create and manage processes, scripts and automation pipelines for software build, integration and deployment of database and associated resources (parameter groups, option groups, instance types, storage, security groups, etc.).
• Create, test, and maintain automation pipelines for database admin resources
• Work with Database Advisors to create "template" automation pipelines to support common DBA processes like DDL changes, database failovers, backup snapshot/restore, etc.
• Partner with key stakeholders, including Scrum and Delivery teams to meet business goals.
• Partner with developers, testing teams and cloud engineering peers to design and develop automated and secure database hosting solutions for continuous build, test, and deployment.
• Follow and adopt industry best practices/solutions and pursue continuous improvement opportunities in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) processes and practices, drive for standardization or common tools, automation and self-services.
• Communicate and partner with the delivery and support teams for production deployment/release, knowledge transfer and documentation.
• Minimum DevOps experience required: 3 years.
• Cloud experience, including designing/establishing infrastructure utilizing PAAS & IAAS. Understanding of Cloud architecture and terminology for various providers such as AWS, Azure, Pivotal.
• Preferably certified in AWS or Azure cloud.
• Demonstrate knowledge in Linux (Redhat or Ubuntu) and Windows Operating System administration, fluent with shell scripting (ksh, bash, powershell).
• Working knowledge in orchestration tools such as Jenkins, Flyway.
• Working knowledge/understanding in Cloud deployment tools such as GitHub, Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation, Ansible.
• Strong understanding, hands on knowledge or experience of database platforms architecture (such as Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, Cassandra).
• Strong understanding, hands on knowledge or experience of patching and life cycle events with various database platforms.
• Strong understanding, hands on knowledge or experience of SDLC best practices including Agile, Scrum, XP.
• Knowledge of open source software and desire to learn, evaluate and implement potential solutions.
• Strong communication skills with ability to partner and team up with different stakeholders across the enterprise
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
As a member of the Rapid Prototyping Development team, Paul takes software projects from inception to production before handing them off to other teams.
Back to top