Sr Compensation Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The individual will assist internal and external resources in delivering client and enterprise services. This individual will also implement one or multiple compensation accountabilities outlined below.
- Ensure internal/external understanding of the overall business unit strategies
- Assist in design of compensation practices/policies that are cost effective, competitive and attracts/retains quality employees
- Provide input into compensation design options and recommendations
- Monitor compensation governance protocols
- Provide direction and guidance to ensure that the business strategy is considered when designing new compensation practices, policies, processes and employee communications
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative trend data to draw conclusions to help drive business results
- Analyze and interpret compensation trends to assess and review current compensation practices
- Work with senior leaders to monitor marketplace
Build relationships with client groups to institutionalize compensation philosophies and provide on-going consultation. Actively work with business partners, client services and HR Areas of Responsibilities (AORs) to ensure that compensation practices are understood and supported. Actively lead the delivery of core compensation initiatives. Work with client to utilize in depth knowledge of client business objectives and proactively identify client needs related to:
- Job evaluation
- Benchmarking / market pricing
- Competitive analysis
- Annual compensation planning reporting and analytics
- Respond to internal inquiries on compensation practices and policies
- Actively participate in business transformation initiatives with clients
- Ensure established governance policies are understood and complied with
- Manage pieces of internal client communications, training and education related to compensation initiatives
- Respond to internal inquiries related to compensation and design, practices and policies
- Manage, review and assess issues with compensation tool and other compensation technologies
- Manage escalation process (Tickets, MEFs, PCRs), ensuring proper resolution of all issues
- Manage the development and implementation of key technology initiatives and PCRs
- Manage relationships with internal Project Manager, HR Project Management Office (PMO) and Vendor (IBM)
- Manage annual system preparation, project management and change management; proactively identify process improvements and anticipate configuration changes, based on business needs
- Communication Development and Execution:
- Work with manager to understand communication strategy based on key initiatives
- Manage annual communications and projects
- Develop leadership communications regarding compensation initiatives, policies and practices
- Build relationship with HR Communication team
Compensation Education and Training for Leaders:
- Work with manager to develop strategy, training schedule and communications
- Assist in development of training material
- Support coordination of training schedule
- Create materials, such as presentations and FAQs
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure effective delivery of services
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting or related area
- Experience: 3-5 years of equivalent work experience; compensation familiarity preferred
- Professional with good organizational, communication and administrative skills
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software, including Excel
- Intermediate to advanced analytical skills
- Intermediate to advanced project management
- Intermediate to advanced technical experience in compensation, finance or accounting
- Prior experience in managing technology platforms and developing communications preferred but not required
- Intermediate to advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Good business writing skills
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Creative thinking and problem solving
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top