Sr. Application Support Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are seeking a technical professional with a passion for Production Support who's interested in further enhancing their development skills. Allstate's Production Support team is a global workgroup focused on ensuring application availability and quality through incident, problem, and lifecycle management. Specifically, this role will focus on supporting the internet consumer channel applications by applying knowledge of .NET/IIS or iOS, and Node JS. Our team works as advocates of the customer and of continuous improvement within our function.
- Debug and troubleshoot .Net, C#, Node JS, Xcode, SQL code.
- Participate and support Incident, problem, change and configuration management.
- Support application availability objectives and mitigate risks
- Manage application upgrades and Lifecycle projects and tasks
- Develops innovative tools and utilities to optimize reliability, support & operations
- Identifies and drives improvements to availability and reduced maintenance downtime
- Provides regular training and technical mentoring for the support team
- Create and coordinate reporting needs for system performance, capacity and key business metrics
- Leverage monitoring and alert processes to improve system stability
- Maintain application runbooks
- Provide technical guidance and coordination activities.
- Participate in on call rotation.
- Owns service level baselining, monitoring and event management for their products
- Reviews detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements including technical recovery, security, and audit to identify the need for, and assist with, the roll-back of units of work
- Participates in creating simple design documents that support interface and technical design and meet solution requirements
- Provides/confirms detailed estimates for assigned work units and provide communications for deviations from estimates; proactively works with project managers to ensure appropriate time is allocated to assigned tasks
- Accurately documents design and code fixes for all created code to memorialize fixes and dependencies according to established standards
- Bachelors College degree or equivalent experience
- 4 - 6 years of experience in a large enterprise environment.
- 2+ years of production support experience troubleshooting and debugging issues.
- Agile Development experience
- Analysis skills, applying technical solutions to problems and performance concerns
- Strong working knowledge and support of .NET Applications and Development or iOS/Android
- Experience in ASP.Net, C#, XML, HTML, SQL and Scripting
- Experience in Java Script, AngularJS or Node JS is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top