Sr. Application Monitoring Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Senior Application Support/Monitoring engineer with a strong background in Splunk . Candidates for this role will need to come from development backgrounds and have recent experience in support/triage roles. In addition, these application support analysts will need to have hands-on experinece with Splunk (preferred) or a similar tool (Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Quest Foglight, etc).
The Consumer Facing Production Service Engineer Lead Consultant for Monitoring provides technical leadership & support from project inception through initial implementation and continuing operation by creating high-level technical requirements, and idenitifydesigns needed to develop and support optimal monitoring and IT system solutions through the knowledge of business processes, systems architecture, and monitoring technologies.
- Provide Splunk monitoring subject matter expertise and main point of contact for Agency Solutions and Consumer Technology supported applications.
- Capture applications baseline performance deviations and implement proactive Splunk monitoring and alerting of production systems
- Leverage monitoring tools (such as Splunk/Dynatrace) and capabilities to find root cause for incident and problem management.
- Provides 24 x 7 support as needed.
- Provide input into strategies, capabilities and integrations to improve the availability and performance run-state of production applications.
- Drive operational implementation of monitoring capabilities, dashboards and improvements.
- Lead efforts capturing reporting requirements, develop system performance, capacity and key business transactions reports-dashboards by leveraging approved tools and processes to maintain operational availability of delivered solutions
- Leverage a predictive analytic approach to identify and mitigate issues before they have material impact to our application consumers.
- Identify, recommend and lead performance tuning and monitoring enhancement opportunities.
- Guide and lead in the design Monitoring deliverables of Systems Analysts and Developers.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and trace the high level technical design and system architecture that meets business and/or functional requirements.
- Responsible for implementing identified roadmaps, leading design reviews, and performing analysis for one or more applications
- Identify systems and technical constraints, potential technology risks, and document possible mitigation strategies for business-critical monitoring projects.
- Consult with Business Analysts to effectively deliver business value operational designs for high complexity projects.
- Facilitate design reviews, document system impacts between releases, and conduct technical walkthroughs.
- Understand the technical details, integration, and functions of multiple applications, hardware, and/or software within a team. Execute and enforce best practices. May be responsible to identify and design for non-functional requirements.
- Provide technical input and act as point-of-contact during architectural assessments for area applications.
- For high complexity projects, validate code to designs and requirements. Participate and facilitate monitoring solutions walkthroughs, inspections, and reviews.
- Monitors and communicates on the technical progress of the project.
- Recommend technology solutions to meet client/business requirements. Partner with Business-System Analysts, Solutions Engineers and possibly clients to improve monitoring of the business requirements and business process flows.
- Internally communicates changes or issues with vended products and monitoring tools
- Evaluate Proof of Concepts (POCs) and validate whether the solution meets the business need
- Plan, conduct, review, and perform integration testing of responsible deliverables for environment changes.
- Evaluate the root cause of operational and maintenance issues and support through resolution.
This role requires a strong understanding of Splunk as well as proven understanding of software applications/code.
- Bachelors College degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years monitoring/support experience in a large enterprise environment
- Working knowledge of .NET and JAVA Applications and Development
- Experience in: SPLUNK, Compuware dynaTrace, UEM, APMaas (Gomez), Foglight and ELK ASP.Net, C#, XML, HTML, JAVA Script, CSS, SQL and Python scripting
- Source Code Management concepts
- Detailed knowledge of framework-based development
- Excellent Communication, Problem Solving, and Analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Data Science, Statistical & Predictive Analysis, Quantitative Research and Analytics
- Loadrunner Performance Testing & Tuning experience a plus
- Demonstrate ability to work in a global and multi-shift environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top