Sr. Administrative Assistant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The scope of this position is to provide administrative support to our Regional Sales Leader and staff. Your proactive assistance in this fast paced environment will be capitalized on. This role requires independent judgment performed under general direction, using procedures standard to the organization. Daily work includes both routine tasks and special projects.
- Ability to prioritize work, solve problems and organize own time with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced communication skills are required to initiate oral and written responses to inquiries regarding processes.
- Must be able to work in a confidential fast paced environment
- Manage phones, maintain calendars/follow-up systems, e-mail.
- Schedule meetings/rooms, equipment, and refreshments: secure travel arrangements and submit expense reports as needed
- Create presentations and documents utilizing basic grammar, spelling and format skills. This includes but is not limited to organization charts, phone listing, employee listings
- Handling multiple demands on an on-going basis including familiar situations, sensitive information and some high level contact
- Process incoming mail, order and stock supplies; maintain mailroom, copy and Fax machines
- Administrative support to the Senior Managers and department (project updates, database updates and reports)
- Taking initiative, using good judgment, understand deadlines, and carrying multiple projects through to completion with an ability to work independently under general direction, prioritize work, and ask for further clarification when necessary.
- 2 years plus administrative experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient Internet and Intranet navigation
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task, flexibility, adaptability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top