SQL Developer-Capital Markets
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Junior Desk Developer – Professional Job Description
The junior desk developer (DD) is primarily responsible for understanding and converting business requirements in to tactical functional solutions. The DD will also be responsible for creation of processes and procedures accompanying tactical solution. In addition DD will liaison between front office teams and IT on longer term strategic solutions.
The successful candidate should have the following skills and abilities:
- Capital markets experience – basic understanding of capital markets.
- Must have general understanding of data attributes for fixed income, equity and derivative instruments
- Significant experience using SQL across normalized data models
- Ability to work with Data Architect to create and understand data models
- Ability to Interface and interact collaboratively with business users, project managers, development teams, testers and technical leads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effective manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and adapt and cope with change and pressure
- Ability to facilitate meetings and communicate and collaborate with technology teams and the business
- Ability to identify and implement process changes
- Organized and applies quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked
- Establishes relationships and maintains contacts with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Works effectively across functional boundaries, identifying and involving other areas that can contribute to delivering objectives
- Thinks creatively and looks for opportunities to innovate and improve
- Evaluates key issues in terms on their impact on the business
- Makes decisions quickly and confidently based on experience and sound analysis
Experience and Education
1-3 years of capital markets industry experience
General understanding of Fixed income, Equity and Derivative securities
2-5 years of writing SQL Queries against Oracle and SQL Server DBMSs
College degree required with focus in MIS, Finance / Business, or Accounting
MBA, CFA (or other designations) a plus
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top