SPS Business Partner
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
SPS Business Partner will act as a trusted advisor to enable business units to optimize Allstate's spend portfolio, deliver value, better manage demand, mitigate supply risks, optimize supplier relationships and drive innovation; ultimately enabling the business to achieve their business goals and objectives. The Business Partner is also expected to effectively collaborate and interact with category managers and senior executive leaders to ensure strategies for procurement are aligned with business goals and effectively manage third party spend across the Allstate family of companies.
- Build and leverage strategic partnerships with the required AOR stakeholders to create a trusted relationship that encourages senior leadership to utilize Procurement in a strategic fashion and seeks procurement expertise related to third party spend.
- Educates and influences the business on enterprise initiatives that must be considered in their category and demand management planning (i.e., Sustainability, Automation, Integrated Digital Enterprise, Supplier Diversity, Customer Experience), ensuring broader integration where necessary.
- Manage and recommend metrics including compliance metrics to ensure all business units are adhering to new procurement policies and procedures.
- Work directly with business units to understand strategic priorities and goals and leverage in developing future procurement plans to identify critical success factors to ensure efficient and effective supplier sourcing and contracting.
- Provide strategic input and participate in the planning and financial budgeting for the source to contract functions within the Procurement department. Assist in the creation and communication of savings targets and programs based on knowledge of overall category and business unit strategy. Effectively link Procurement organization with the AOR and develop an aggregated view of third party portfolio value creation the AOR has achieved, including value created vs. what has been implemented.
- Ensure senior level management understands the outcomes of proposed actions and manage the implementation of sourcing and contract initiatives, including the transparency of sourcing initiatives and related savings. Will be responsible for ensuring clients achieve agreed upon savings targets through support of category planning and execution.
- Work with governance team to ensure that a framework of policies, practices and procedures are in place to promote prudent risk taking, effective change management, and good corporate governance across the sourcing and contract functions
This job does not have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- 12 + years business experience in sourcing and procurement, supplier management, or relevant industry
- 10 years successful track record within Purchasing
- 5 + years extensive knowledge of procurement techniques and principals including: sourcing process, negotiations, contracting, supplier management, supplier diversity, industry/trend analysis, metrics and measurements and procurement tools
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPSM(CPM) and/ or CPCU
- Advanced ability to influence others to achieve results by thinking strategically, communicating clearly and fostering mutually beneficial internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrates a high-level understanding of relevant procurement processes (e.g., category management, strategic sourcing, contract management, purchasing) and can share benefits with key stakeholders
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively work with executive level stakeholders and engage in strategic conversations
- Advanced understanding of internal business processes, external customer segments, strategic direction and business objectives.
- Advanced ability to manage multiple complex, high profile projects.
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually and analytically to assess problems, identify and consider potential solutions, and make timely recommendations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of budgetary and financial functions, processes, timelines, constraints, and how each impacts or enables the procurement process (including annual cycles, budget initiatives, and finance activities).
- Significant experience with RFP development and execution
- Advanced application of systems thinking requiring focus on constituent parts interrelated to how a system works over time and in relation to a larger system
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top