Sourcing-Sr Consultant II
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Commodity and Sourcing group strategically sources and manages a combination of commodities/categories in support of Sourcing and Procurement Solutions (SPS) objectives. By utilizing the Procurement Lifecycle (assessment, selection, contract, and performance management), SPS will deliver procurement value and enable clients to deliver on their commitments through careful contract negotiating and securing value added discounts for our clients.
With leadership direction, a Sourcing Senior Consultant sources and manages a combination of assignments and commodities/categories of medium to high complexity and risk in support of Sourcing & Procurement Solutions (SPS) objectives. This role consults with clients by coordinating sourcing/project teams and advisory boards by integrating efforts across functions and teams. This role utilizes the Strategic Sourcing Methodology to deliver procurement value which enables clients to deliver on their commitments. This role assists in recommending and developing policies, strategies, solutions, procedures and reports to govern internal usage of medium to high complexity spend categories, and drafts communications, compliance/usage reports, memos, presentation materials, and demand management policy/guidelines in support of assigned commodities/ assignments. This role may include mentoring or guiding entry level or nonexempt employees.
This role is in support of our claims category, projects, business clients, and the responsibilities may include:
- Sourcing & Category Management
- Supplier Management
- Other Responsibilities
- Strengthen, expand, share, and utilize internal and external relationships.
- Provide effective communication (written, conversation) for medium to high complexity topics to influence and gain acceptance and approval of ideas, proposals and solutions.
- Participate in discussions and consult with internal clients, expense managers, and key stakeholders to develop and implement demand management guidelines to govern the use of assigned commodities.
- Measure internal compliance with demand management guidelines and take corrective actions as appropriate.
Experience and Educational requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, or related field
- MBA a plus
- CPSM (CPM) and/or CPCU designation preferred
- 3-5 years business experience in sourcing and procurement, supplier management, or relevant industry
- Intermediate knowledge of procurement techniques and principles
- Sourcing process, negotiations, contracting, supplier management, supplier diversity, industry/trend analysis, metrics/measurement, etc.
- Procurement tools (i.e., financial reporting tools, contract management tool, reverse auctions, etc.)
- Knowledge of assigned commodity industry /
- Sourcing for medium to high complexity commodities
- Experience with RFP development and execution
- Experience with negotiations
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, to interact independently with both internal customers and external suppliers at all staff levels
- Project management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and review with management
- Analytical capabilities, including cost models
- Ability to assist with issue analysis, solution development, and conflict resolution
- Customer focus
- Ability to influence actions/decisions of customers and suppliers
- With management direction, ability to formulate strategies and approaches to achieve project objectives
- Awareness of corporate and SPS goals
- Ownership of and input into departmental direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Demonstration of continued development via obtainment of professional designations
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top