Sourcing & Procurement - Enterprise Software Sr. Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Sourcing and Procurement Services (SPS) IT Software Manager leads the governance of strategic IT Software relationships across the Allstate enterprise, with a focus on working closely with the area of responsibility (AOR) executives, technology and delivery leads in support of sourcing, risk management, measuring performance and building sustainable relationships. The SPS IT Software Manager will provide support in the acquisition of new IT Software at the lowest costs consistent with quality pre-post sale support. This Manager will have also leverage their industry experience to analyze Allstate's existing portfolio of IT Software to develop proactive cost optimization strategies to lower the total costs of ownership for this category of spend. This position is also responsible for the ongoing governance of the IT Software supplier base, leading escalation management, and ensuring overall IT Software operations are consistent with agreements.
The SPS Sourcing Manager partners with SPS Sourcing and Category Management personnel, Legal, Security, Data Privacy and other enabling functions to ensure optimal terms and conditions, data protections, competitive commercial terms, key performance indicators and service level agreements (SLAs) are in line with the applicable Allstate solution requirements.
Category / Sourcing Strategy & Process Execution
- Responsible for colleagues and leaders both internal and external to the department.
- Actively partner with internal clients to understand business objectives, requirements, market /industry benchmarks and trends, and company purchasing patterns to assess sourcing opportunities.
- Proactively establish sourcing strategies which includes evaluation of sourcing alternatives, identifying the sourcing approach, and establishing project plan / timeline to deliver an effective sourcing solution.
Effectively lead execution of the sourcing strategy for projects which includes ability to create and utilize appropriate sourcing tools / templates, align business client needs, identify supply alternatives, effectively communicate with suppliers, and manage and influence cross functional teams / advisory groups.
- Lead and facilitate the category plans and project teams for large and complex, and/or risky categories.
- Develop supplier selection criteria and gain client alignment. Facilitate cross functional teams to evaluate supplier responses to select finalists. Contribute to the development and/or validation of cost benefit analysis for assigned projects. Effectively communicate the impact of sourcing decisions to involved clients, management, impacted employees and suppliers, as appropriate.
- Negotiate complex, critical, and/or high risk projects to drive a clear understanding of supplier, performance expectations, mitigate risk, establish key deliverable dates, pricing, and other contract terms to ensure sourcing solutions drive client value in an appropriate time frame.
- Lead discussions with internal clients, expense managers, and key stakeholders to develop and implement demand management guidelines that govern the use of assigned commodities, drive internal compliance results, and take timely corrective actions when necessary.
- Utilize and ensure all appropriate documentation and internal control/compliance standards are met (process, templates, tools, contract database, etc.).
Experience and Educational requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree preferred in business, supply chain, or related field
- MBA a plus
- CPSM (CPM) and/or CPCU strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in an IT Software procurement or sourcing service delivery capacity
- 5 years IT procurement management experience or experience in an IT Software operational management capacity
- Proven success and experience in working with complex or challenging IT Software enterprise environments
- Experience working within an "influence management" corporate structure
- Mainframe software and/or leasing experience is a plus
- Experience working with virtual teams preferred
- Proficiency development and coaching experience and skills preferred
- Extensive knowledge procurement techniques and principles
- Sourcing process, negotiations, contracting, supplier management, supplier diversity, industry/trend analysis, metrics/measurement, etc.
- Procurement tools (i.e., financial reporting tools, contract management tool, reverse auctions, etc.)
- Knowledge of assigned commodity industry / marketplace
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top