Sourcing Lead Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
A Sourcing Lead Consultant strategically sources and leads a combination of assignments and commodities/categories of high complexity and risk, in support of Sourcing & Procurement Solutions (SPS) objectives. This role has responsibility to manage relationships by anticipating changing business conditions and consulting with key clients by coordinating and or leading sourcing/project teams and advisory boards. This role utilizes the Strategic Sourcing Methodology to deliver procurement value which enables clients to deliver on their commitments. This role independently recommends and develops policies, procedures and reports to govern internal usage of high complexity spend categories, and independently drafts communications, compliance/usage reports, memos, presentation materials, and demand management policy/guidelines in support of assigned commodities/ assignments. In addition, responsibilities include assisting in the development of junior level employees.
Sourcing & Category Management
- Proactively assess sourcing and category opportunities by gathering spend information, company purchasing patterns, competitive position, structured analysis of supplier/category industry, economics, market conditions, and expiring contracts to make recommendations based on these findings.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their business needs and objectives and establish requirements.
- Establish sourcing strategies which include evaluation of sourcing alternatives, identifying the sourcing approach, and establishing project plan / timeline to deliver an effective sourcing solution.
- Effectively drive execution of the sourcing strategy for key projects which includes ability to create and utilize the most appropriate sourcing tools / templates, align business client needs, identify supply alternatives (inclusive of diverse suppliers), effectively communicate with suppliers, and influence cross functional teams / advisory groups.
- Develop supplier selection criteria and gain client alignment; facilitate cross functional teams to evaluate supplier responses to select finalists (participate if appropriate) and effectively communicate the impact of sourcing decisions to involved clients, management, impacted employees and suppliers, as appropriate.
- Negotiate contract terms and perform all aspects of the contract process:
- Develop and execute an overarching category strategy and plan for applicable categories.
- Perform all aspects of the Supplier Performance Management (SPM) process for assigned commodities including contract inventory, segmentation, risk assessments, contingency planning and validation of right pricing.
- Create and implement SPM plan and internal compliance standards and measurements.
- Document supplier performance measurements that ensure achievement of client goals.
- Conduct business reviews with suppliers and internal clients to measure supplier performance, contract adherence and participate in issue resolution.
- Maintain contact and network with supplier community for assigned commodities.
- Strengthen, expand, share, and utilize internal and external relationships
- Provide effective communication (written, conversation) for high complexity topics to influence and gain acceptance and approval of ideas, proposals and solutions
- Lead discussions with internal clients, expense managers, and key stakeholders to develop and implement demand management guidelines to govern the use of assigned commodities
- Measure and manage internal compliance with demand management guidelines and take corrective actions as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, or related field
- MBA is a plus
- (CPSM) CPM and/or CPCU designation preferred
- 5+ years business experience in sourcing and procurement, supplier management, or relevant industry
- Advanced knowledge of procurement techniques and principles
- Sourcing process, negotiations, contracting, supplier management, supplier diversity, industry/trend analysis, metrics/measurement, etc.
- Procurement tools (i.e., financial reporting tools, contract management tool, reverse auctions, etc.)
- Knowledge of assigned commodity industry / marketplace /business sector
- Sourcing for high complexity commodities
- Advanced experience with RFP development and execution
- Strong negotiation experience
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, to interact independently with both internal customers and external suppliers at all staff levels
- Project management and organizational skills
- Experience with prioritizing projects and review with management
- Advanced analytical capabilities, including cost models
- Experience with conducting issue analysis, solution development, and conflict resolution
- Customer focus
- Stakeholder management
- Experience with influencing actions/decisions of customers and suppliers (at all levels)
- Experience with formulating strategies and approaches to achieve project objectives
- Experience with developing junior level employees (directly or indirectly)
- Awareness of corporate and SPS goals
- Ownership of and input into departmental direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Demonstration of continued development via obtainment of professional designations (e.g., CPM, CPCU, CPA)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top