Sourcing and Procurement Marketing Category Consultant
Build your career. It’s all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate’s Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
The Sourcing group strategically sources and manages a combination of commodities/categories in support of Sourcing and Procurement Solutions (SPS) objectives. By utilizing the Strategic Sourcing Methodology, we deliver procurement value and enable clients to deliver on their commitments through contract negotiating and securing value for our clients.
The Category Consultant sources Marketing and Advertising Services on behalf of Allstate. The primary category focus for this role is Digital Marketing, Printing Services, and Sponsorship Services. Additional category responsibilities might include other types of Marketing Services such as Paid Search, Display Advertising and Lead activation. The assigned supplier portfolio includes a diverse mixture of advertising services. The roll performs routine duties associated with multiple marketing efforts. Under the direction of others, this role assists in all aspects of Strategic Sourcing, coordinates projects, and completes other assignments to enable results. Responsibilities for this role also includes continuous improvement of the policies, procedures and reports to govern internal usage of various spend categories.
As directed by others, responsibilities within assigned categories include:
Marketing Sourcing & Category Management
- Assess marketing sourcing opportunities by gathering historical spend, competitive position, category profiles, economics, market conditions, and expiring contracts to make recommendations based on findings.
- Gather requirements; spend and other key data to support sourcing opportunities.
- Gather and coordinate information and perform structured analysis assigned categories, industry and market conditions.
- Evaluate company purchasing and effectively summarize.
- Utilize the sourcing process to source, negotiate, and contract for moderately complex projects.
- Develop reports to support category, agency, compliance, and sourcing strategies.
- Coordinate components of the sourcing process, collaborate on cross functional reviews with Legal, Privacy, Information Security, Risk Management, and internal Marketing units throughout the process for moderately complex projects.
- Understand the overall agency management framework.
- Monitor ongoing agency performance and escalate issues.
- Help drive the Performance Management for assigned agencies by documenting and reviewing agency SLAs and performance.
- Develop and manage agency incentive compensation models where appropriate.
- Assist with enhancing agency management activities to optimize agency performance.
- Coordinate SPM components including contract inventory, segmentation, risk assessments, contingency planning and validation of pricing.
- Participate in and contribute to business review meetings with agencies and marketing stakeholders to measure agency performance, contract adherence and issue resolution.
- Document lessons learned and help progressively enhance agency management activities to optimize agency performance.
- Utilize and ensure all appropriate documentation and internal control/compliance standards are met (process, templates, tools, contract database, etc.).
- Draft category plans, presentations, strategy materials, and other documents as necessary
Experience and Educational requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, , supply chain management, or a business related field
- CPM, CPSM and/or CPCU a plus
- 2-5 years business experience, including experience in marketing, sourcing and/or procurement, finance, or equivalent
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the Marketing, Advertising, Digital Marketing, Print and/or other marketing sub-categories is preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of procurement techniques and principles
- Sourcing process, negotiations, contracting, supplier management, supplier diversity, industry/trend analysis, metrics/measurement, etc.
- Procurement tools (i.e., financial reporting tools, contract management tool, reverse auctions, etc.)
- Knowledge of assigned commodity industry / marketplace
- Sourcing for low-to-medium complexity commodities/categories
- Exposure to RFP development and execution
- Exposure to supplier/agency negotiations
- Exposure to supplier/agency financials
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, to interact with both internal customers and external agencies
- Project management and organizational skills
- Analytical capabilities, including pricing and cost models
- Customer focus
- Awareness of corporate and SPS goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Exposure to SAP, Business Warehouse a plus
- Demonstration of continued development (e.g., initiation of CPSM designation)
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top