Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Come and be part of Allstate's Architecture team, and help drive out the technical direction for this Fortune 100 company. The Solution Architect role focuses on designing complex application architectures to solve business problems. This role is in support of the Agency Solutions area.
Collaborate to create business driven technology roadmaps and then use excellent communication and influencing skills to drive implementation. The ideal candidate will thrive in seeking challenging problems, proposing and presenting solutions, building relationships, soliciting feedback, overseeing other application architects and finding ways to thrill Allstate's customers.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of and experience with Web Application development, including at least 4 years experience as an Architect. We are looking for extensive custom development and Service Oriented Architecture skills with a focus on the utilization of standard patterns, practices, and frameworks. The ideal candidate will also have experience leading a team of other application architects working on a variety of projects.
- Reviewing and contributing to Business Requirements, developing application architectures based upon those Business Requirements, reviewing and contributing to System Analyst designs based upon the specified architecture, and reviewing code for adherence to the specified architecture.
- Publishing direction statements that guide planning and implementation of strategies and systems projects and contributing to application roadmaps.
- Collaborating with other architects to develop solutions that integrate well across platforms. Provide consulting and review services to other architects and delivery teams.
- Overseeing the work of additional application architects.
- At least ten years experience designing and developing large-scale enterprise level applications, including four years in the architect role.
- At least seven years hands-on experience with the custom developed solutions.
- At least two years experience leading a small team.
- Experience utilizing open source libraries and re-usable components.
- Web development industry standards and best practices
- Strong knowledge of design patterns
- Automated testing patterns and tools
- Strong knowledge of integration technologies, approaches and patterns
- Strong knowledge of security (risks and threats, authentication, authorization, certificates, encryption)
- Experience with delivering using Agile methodology practices
- Knowledge of cloud technologies including Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top