Software Solution Architect - .NET
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Benefits team is on the lookout for a Software Solution Architect who will work with many departments to design systems to support business solutions. The role's primary responsibility is to elaborate business requirements into appropriate solution artifacts and manage these through the project until the business and technical solution requirements are met. The ideal candidate will have a broad range of skills, but be able to become an expert in key areas. Roughly 85% of the candidate's prior experience should be in the area of application architecture. 15% should be in the area of infrastructure and/or integration architecture. The candidate should also have prior responsibility for a portfolio of approximately 100 applications.
- Apply software reference architectures and positions toward the design, deployment and support of complex systems that deliver business functionality.
- Consult on the application of reference architecture and strategic direction of enterprise technology.
- Utilize well-known software design patterns or develop reusable patterns, practices, and enterprise reference architectures that fit within the overall Domain architectural blueprint.
- Maintain awareness of current architectures and business drivers and guide their application to initiatives as appropriate.
- Assist with identification of opportunities to enhance existing software architecture and assist with identification of potential business/customer benefits as a result.
- Advocate effective software architectural designs and optimize current architecture and processes.
- Influence clients and partners to prioritize for enterprise benefit and risk reduction and adopt technology solutions that leverage existing patterns, practices and reference architectures.
- Recommend when tactical solutions should be replaced or incorporated into sunset and refresh strategies for assigned application(s), project(s) or discipline.
- Ensure that application sunset and refresh strategies are created and maintained.
- Lead the assessments and inspections of medium complexity physical and/or logical architectural components.
- Verify conformance to architectural patterns, practices and enterprise/departmental reference architecture.
- Make recommendations for changes to the architecture.
- Develop appropriate software architectural solution concepts.
- Develop and maintain current and future state documentation in adherence with Reference Architecture patterns.
- Support software vendor selection and analysis process by evaluating vendor architecture's fit within the Domain.
- Thorough understanding of software development processes
- Integration and Design Patterns
- Experienced with service-oriented architecture (SOA) deployment
- Experienced developing applications using .NET (required) and Java (preferred)
- Experienced with logical database designs and relational data definitions to support object models
- Experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle
- Understanding different platforms such as Windows/Unix/Mainframe/AS400 is a plus
- Experience working with distributed technologies
- Business Process Modeling
Education: College Degree with technical study or equivalent experience
Experience: 7+ years technical experience in architecture/design
Excellent communication skills are a must.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top