Software Engineering Tech Lead/Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Tech Lead/Manager to join our growing Analytics Engineering team and build out the next generation of our platform. The Software Development Manager will be responsible for leading a team of developers, while maintain a 60/40 hands on management/development split. The ideal Software Development Manager will have experience with cloud native applications and distributed systems. The Software Development Manager should have a strong leadership background and be comfortable training and mentoring.
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of cloud native applications
- Provide technical leadership while maintaining a hands-on role
- Drive technical best practices while utilizing industry trends and new technologies
- Utilize people management skills to coach, train and mentor individual team members
- Partner with various teams to ensure the applications are delivered on time and to the technical excellence demanded
- 3+ years of leadership experience managing project and/or engineering teams
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of Java Development experience using Spring Framework
- 12 factor application development experience
- Experience architecting and scaling distributed systems and cloud native applications
- Experience working with Python and/or R
- Machine Learning knowledge and exposure.
- Hands-on experience working with Cloud Technologies: Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience working with Streaming Technologies such as: Kafka
- Exposure to Big Data such as: Hadoop, Spark
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top